bonding

Hartleys POV
Ash started to move towards me. This was bad, she couldn't find out. Every step she took forward I took one back until my back was against the wall and she was infront of me. I could tell she was cautious because she didn't want to scare me or hurt me, but I needed to get out of here and now. I relaxed my body on purpose so she thought she could approach and once she let her guard down I bolted. I just ran and ran. I could hear her footsteps behind me but I knew I could run further than her so I just kept going. When I thought I was a safe distance away I slowed down to a jog and then to a walk, I was walking through a park now although it was pretty empty. I was too busy observing my surroundings that I didn't hear her coming up behind me, I only felt it when her body collided with mine and brought me down to the floor. My back hit the ground hard and I let out a whimper. Fuck that hurt, now I was going to have bruises along with all the cuts, just great. I could barely move the pain in my back controlling my senses. Ash sat on my waist pinning me down so that I couldn't leave this time, I knew she wouldn't trust me to not just run away again but she was heavy like jeez. We were both panting, her from the running to catch up to me and me from the pain in my back. " now tell me, why are you hurt ?? Where are you hurt?? What happened??" She spouted question and question before I put my hand over her mouth to shut her up, this woman really could talk. " can you not just ask one question at a time ??" I huffed, laying back down and covering my face with my arm. "Right sorry, can you please show me where you are hurt ?" She pleaded and I could see the need to know in her eyes. I had to look away because of the intensity in them. " ash I can't, please don't make me" I said, I was trying to make her feel guilty, because I wanted to protect her, I didn't need anyone else getting involved in my life. I never should've come to this camp or accepted this call up, it was foolish and selfish to believe that I could keep the two lives separate. She let out a groan obviously struggling on what to do in this situation. "No I'm sorry hartley, but you have to tell me, you are hurt and I can't let someone I care about be hurting. So you are going to show me" she was starting to piss me off now. Did no one on this team respect privacy ?? It didn't seem that way. "No. I refuse to show you" I said folding my arms a look of determination on my face. For a minute I had forgotten how strong ash was because she was a goalkeeper. I could overpower her because I was a fighter after all so I had good upper body strength, but I was exhausted, emotionally and it took a toll on my strength when I let it effect me. She grabbed me by my shoulders and flipped me over so she was now sitting on my lower back. She had my arms pinned under her thighs so I couldn't move them. " woah ash... no please.. what are you doing stop.. please don't do this" I was panicking. I didn't want her to see my back but I was powerless to stop her. This situation was torture and I knew she was going to see my back whether I wanted her to or not. Her hands trialed to the bottom of my T-shirt and I held my breath. I felt the breeze hit my back when she lifted my T-shirt up. The gasp she let out could've been heard from miles away. " what the actual fuck Hartley" I could feel her tracing her fingers along the cuts making me hiss. I pushed her off of me and we both stood up. "What the fuck happened who did that ?? Tell me" she demanded. But I was beyond pissed at this point, who did she think she was. Before I knew what I was doing my anger took the best of me and pulled my fist back and punched her across the jaw. She stumbled slightly her eyes going wide. " you had no right to do that to me, no right, that was such a violation of my privacy. Fuck you ash" I said stomping away, she hurried to catch up with me. " im sorry but I care about you and I would rather you hate me but me be able to help than just let you carry on going through what you are going through" I could understand where she was coming from but I was blinded by rage. We walked back to the hotel in silence, before we walked back up to the conference room for team bonding. I really wasn't in the mood for this but it was mandatory.

As soon as we entered the room the tension between me and ash could be felt in the air. Especially when ash walked in the room with a dark bruise forming on her jaw, I sat down with a huff. Ali rushed over to ash quickly cupping her face "what the hell happened to your face ??" Ash quickly looked over at me before looking away but Ali noticed it. She stormed over to me anger written on her face. " it was YOU ?!" She screamed. I shrugged my shoulders, I don't regret doing it, ash had no right to do what she did. " what the hell is wrong with you ?! We treated you liked family and welcomed to the team, and this is how you treat us ??" She ranted and I just let her rant. They can make me look like the bad guy if they want. Although her words stung, if they all hated me then it would be easier to keep them out of my life. "She deserved it, I don't care what you say" I said not making eye contact. Eye contact was my weakness I always seemed to show my true feelings through my eyes. The next think I know I felt a sting on my cheek. Damn she slapped me, it was a pretty good slap to be fair. I looked up at her and smirked, " that it ?? I've dealt with far worse" I could see Carli and mal shaking their heads to the side of me but I didn't care. Ali was fuming now but I didn't care. I turned to leave the room when she pushed me in the back. This made me let out at a sharp gasp. Fuck that hurt, everyone seems to be hurting me today. I saw ash, Carli and mals eyes widen because they knew what my back looked like, but I sucked up the pain, and walked out of the room back to my hotel room. This whole Thing was a bad idea from the start, I never should've come.

—————
Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter ?? Do you agree with hartleys reaction to what ash did ??