"Thanks." I hang up and put my phone back still slightly pissed.

****

I get to the apartment and use the key Aurora gave me to unlock the door. I enter and lock the door back I hear the voice of an unfamiliar women along with Aurora's.

When I walk into the living room they stop talking and look at me. I notice a little boy playing with Ari. He looks about her age. He has the same black hair as the women sitting beside Aurora.

"Holy shit this is your baby mama? You know how to pick em'." The women says as she looks at me as if in awe. Aurora lightly slaps her on the arm. I wonder if Aurora tells all her friends about me.

"Kya this is my friend Aiko." Aurora says with a smile.

"Another person to make me feel small." She says once I'm closer. I notice she does look tiny sitting by Aurora.

I chuckle.

"It's so nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you over the years." That's nice I've heard nothing about her.

"Oh. Good things I hope." Although I doubt it.

"A mix. Ya know it was only a few months ago she was crying about how much she-"

Aurora cuts her off. "Shut up! I can't tell you or Layla anything."

I chuckle quietly. Although I want to know what she was about to say it sounded similar to what Layla was gonna say. Was she crying about me?

I realize I'm still holding my bag of underwear. I hold it up. "Excuse me while I go put this up."

I walk off to my room and sit the bag on my bed then I come back and sit beside Aiko.

"How did you guys meet?"

"I live in this apartment building with my husband Joseph and our son Li." She tips her head in the little boys direction.

"Me and Aurora met when her parents gave her a deed to the buildings and she became our new landlord. We just started talking about random stuff and found out we have a lot in common. Plus Li and Ari get along."

"Oh." I smirk in Aurora's direction. "I didn't know Aurora had friends." I honestly didn't.

Aiko chuckles while Aurora sends a glare my way.

"She thinks she's funny." Aurora snides.

I talk with her and Aurora until they leave. She's really nice. I'm relieved to know Aurora actually has friends. It's not surprising but she just seems so closed off now unlike in high school. In high school she was popular but didn't have many real friends.

My first day at the high school. She chose to sit by me. When it was lunch time and we had the same lunch she sat with me. Although I wasn't sitting alone because some random guys decided to sit with me to my disliking. Other people she sat with did join us but I found them annoying and I could tell she did too. I was so confused as to why this hot popular girl was sitting beside me.

I look at her as she's sitting on her phone.

"Do you tell all your friends that you're a lesbian?"

She looks up from it. "Yeah. Everyone who isn't my family or connected to them besides Layla and Marcus know."

"Interesting." My smirk grows bigger. "So have you dated any girls." Secretly I'm hoping she hasn't. But who am I kidding she could have just about any girl she wanted.

She glares at me. "You think your funny don't you."

I frown and hold out a hand. "I'm genuinely asking."

She blows. "You literally asked that already. There aren't any women interested in a closeted lesbian with a kid."

"Really?" I find that hard to believe and I honestly don't remember asking.

She shrugs. "Doesn't matter to me I like to focus on Ari not dating."

"Not even hookups?"

She shrugs. "A few but I didn't really enjoy them." She continues not giving me time to be jealous. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you Aiko would be over she showed up unannounced, she does that sometimes."

I frown. This is her apartment. She could throw a party If she wanted to and wouldn't have to tell me anything.

I smile. "This is your place you don't have to tell me anything."

She frowns. "No it's yours too, you live here."

That reminds me that I've been living here for free so far and need to pay her. I know she said she doesn't want me to but I don't care. It feels weird eating food I don't pay for so I want to pay her back for that at least.

"No it's fine seriously, but I'll be back just give me a sec." I say before walking to my room.

I pull out 5 $100 bills from my wallet. I walk back into the living room and hold it out to her.

"What's this?" She raises an eyebrow.

"For me living here. I'll pay you every month. I don't have $3000 on me but I can go to the bank tomorrow and get the rest."

"No, I already told you I don't want your money."

"I don't care take it, or would you rather it be digital?" I hold it out but she shakes her head and pushes my hand away.

I notice her pants pocket and start to reach for it to put the money in it but she catches my hand.

She giggles cutely. "Would you stop, I said I don't want it."

"Please." I fake pout.

She shakes her head. Why is she so stubborn?

I blow in defeat. Then I get an idea.

I smile. "At least let me give you a hug as a thank you."

She squints her eyes in suspicion. "Fine."

I pull her into a hug enjoying the contact but also using it as an opportunity to slide the money into her back pocket.

She playfully pushes me away. "I knew it was too good to be true." She pulls the money out of her pocket.

I smirk although a little disappointed the hug didn't last that long.

She purses her lips and squints. "What makes you think I won't give it back?"

I smirk. "I don't have any pockets."

She rolls her eyes. "I'm just gonna go put it on your bed if you don't take it back. She holds out the money. "Seriously I don't want or need your money."

I groan in frustration. "Fine." I take it back and she walks away with a satisfied smile. Well I guess that's settled.

I put it back in my room and come back into the living room. I notice Ari is still playing with her toys so I sit beside her cross cross.

"Can I play?" I ask her.

She smiles. "Yeah. Do you want to be Flounder or Sebastian?"

"What if I want to be Ariel?" I point at the Ariel figure she's holding.

"I'm always Ariel. But I guess you can be her if you want since you're other mommy." She holds it out for me. Awww. She's so sweet.

I decline. "It's fine I'll be Sebastian." I take the red crab.

"Doesn't he sing the song under the sea?" I ask.

She nods. "It's a good song. You like it?"

I smile. "Sure." I mean I wouldn't workout to it but it's ok.