chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

Ahsoka would be on the scouting team for this mission, and she was confident she could root out the Sith lord this time, and then contact Anakin and Obi-Wan so they could defeat him together.

There was a lot of preparation going into all of this.

You were quickly swallowed by the hustle and bustle of clones grabbing boxes and carting them away-- bullets for blasters, spare ship parts, new clone armor. Before you could reach the ship, Ahsoka had already dug out the box that was meant for you, and was carrying it toward you.

"I can take that," you reached out, but she held it away from you.

"Don't worry, I've got it."

She really was just like Anakin-- independent, a little cocky, and always doing things for others.

"Show off," you teased, and followed her back into the hallway. You wanted to see Anakin but he was busy directing people around with boxes, so you went with Ahsoka instead, who took you back to her room.

"Damn, why is yours so much nicer than mine?" you gazed around the space, which really wasn't much bigger than yours but it had a desk built into the far wall and even a bathroom connected to it.

"Perks of being a commander," she grinned toothily and dropped your box off on the cot.

You pulled back the top and peered inside, nose crinkling at the amount of frills and pastels that looked back up at you. You'd been expecting more medic suits. "Who, exactly, chose my wardrobe for this?"

"Probably Master Windu," Ahsoka sat at the edge of the bed and kicked her feet. "He's very familiar with the customs of Elyria, so I would trust his judgement. You're supposed to look like a newlywed."

"Well what does Anakin have to wear then?"

"He gets to keep his Jedi robes."

"How is that fair?!"

Ahsoka looked at the ceiling, a little awkward now. "Well...you know newlyweds... with your cover story normally you'd be pregnant by now; therefore you get the comfortable, pretty clothes while he gets his regular ones."

That part wasn't in the article, but you guess it made sense. Closing the box back up,  you hoisted it into your arms and headed for the bathroom to try all the clothes on. You didn't hate dressing up-- in fact, you loved wearing pretty things. Your whole life on Noxella, you had access to some of the most beautiful lace and silk dresses, and your love for them was never something you were ashamed of.

Celesta loved you for your fashion taste, and would often have little shows with you and Freya and Vera where she'd use you as a model to try on all of her new designs. She was your biggest hype woman when it came to anything fashion-related, and just by pulling out this first dress, you knew she would have loved it.

It was a baby pink, soft between the fingers, with the collar made of white lace. The shoulders puffed out a bit and the dress hung loosely just before your knees, cinched in around the waist with a ribbon. It was very girly, but you loved it. It was so cute.

You knew the exact way she would do your hair with it, too. Probably curl it and then pin your bangs back, letting a few strands hang in front of your face to compliment the shape. Or maybe she'd do a low bun-- a style you always hated, but somehow she made it look good on you. And then she'd do your makeup all shimmery and blushy--

Your fingers itched to dial her up on your com. The amount of times the two of you had gushed over lip colors and new shoes together... you could almost hear her voice squealing over the com right now. Sometimes it was so easy to forget everything that happened between those times and now, to resort to the good memories and pretend things were still like that.