Chapter thirteen

Your soft and light giggles echoed through your head as you watched your younger self cling to both of your parents hands

You knew you were dreaming. Your parents were together and you were happy. There was no way it was real.

Yet you found yourself chasing after this younger version of yourself who was now heading towards a beach boardwalk.

Your heart throbbed as you watched your mom turn to face your dad with a smile on her face. It was bright and pretty.

Your dad returned the same smile before looking down at your smaller self to pick you up making your laugh sound through the air.

Returning you to the ground, you furrowed your eyebrows as you watched your dad slowly start to walk away.

Your mom followed suit as if following him. You scanned over the scene as the young version of you struggled to keep up with your parents, the boardwalk beginning to shake.

As it began to crumble, you found yourself stumbling past your parents and towards your child self, reaching out to her before feeling her fingertips slip through yours.

With a gasp, you found yourself falling into the water, being pulled down as if a weight was tied to you.

Bubbles surfaced the top of the water as you looked up at your younger self who was reaching out to you from on top of the water. "What happened to you?"

·✦▭▭▭✧◦✦◦✧▭▭▭✦ ·

You quickly sit up with a gasp as your eyes shot open. Your chest was heaving up and down as you rubbed your eyes feeling your forehead covered in sweat.

Looking around, you wait to adjust to the light before starting to recognize the familiar room.

Shifting under the thick covers, you sweep your legs from under the blanket and stand up. "Tsuki?"