Chapter four

You stared in front of you as the cold air blew onto your face

You stared in front of you as the cold air blew onto your face. Your dad stood at the door as you stood next to him.

He had been calling you for the past ten minutes letting you know that your friend was here to walk you to school.

To your dismay there stood Tsukishima dressed and ready for school as he faked a smile.

"Wow! I didn't know the both of you had gotten so close." He momentarily placed his hand on your back before slowly pushing you out the door.

"Guess I'll see you later. Have fun at school y/n!" He waved at you before closing the door.

You slowly turn around before beggining to head towards the sidewalk. You groan as Tsukishima places his arm onto your head using it as an arm rest.

"Why are you walking me to school?" You ignore him as you clench your bookbag straps.

"Because."

"Because what? You can't just show up at someone's house unexpected." You protest.

He grins. Watching you get annoyed brought him joy especially how quickly it would happen.

He shrugs.

"I actually have a car but I prefer not to drive it to school."

"Show off much?" You move from under him as his arm drops to his side.

"Not really."

You walk in silence as you try to ignore his snappy remarks. Everything that left his mouth was degrading, and abase, but you somehow managed as you walked into the school.

The both of you part ways as you secretly hope he wouldn't bother you later on in the day. His conceited personality haunted your mind as you tried to shake off the insolent comments from earlier that morning.

In the past you wouldn't let other people's words or opinions bother you but as soon as you made it to middle school it hit you. The harsh reality of social class and the difference of power because of someone's looks. You caved under pressure as you slowly began to force your way to the top where you were popular.