59 || The Ultimate Tease

Start from the beginning

Arnold would give her whatever she wanted and if she wanted him to believe she was in a relationship with Alessio, he would believe it.

Unless... she didn't want him to believe it.

No fucking way.

I glance towards Alessio, my head tilting in thought as I watch his face turn red in frustration.

Could it be that Greta was manipulating Alessio all along?

Could it be that she was telling Alessio that Arnold needed more proof when in reality he didn't?

What if she just wanted more excuses to continue the fake relationship in hopes of it flourishing? It would make sense as to why the deal wasn't being pushed and it would also explain why she kept finding new ways to get into Alessio's life.

I wouldn't put it past her.

It was conniving and manipulative.

The move was amateur but it seemed to be working and I only figured it out because it's something I would have thought to do - that is, before I'd deem it too reckless and risky.

It was clear that Greta liked Alessio. What was stopping her from telling her daddy to hold off on the deal until she had enough time to manipulate this fake relationship into a real one?

And Alessio, well, he was the dumbass falling for it. Greta was clearly playing him.

"I don't want to hear it. I don't need you anymore, I'll take it from here." He barks into the phone, before abruptly hanging up.

With a humourless laugh, I shake my head as I try to process the new conclusion I had come to.

That little bitch.

I'm snapped out of my scheming when I feel a tug on my hand and Alessio pulls me down until I'm laying directly on top of him.

His eyes are soft and apologetic and he brings out a hand to tilt my chin up so I'm looking up at him. "No more of Greta's bullshit. I'm putting an end to it." He promises and it's then that I realize he thinks I'm upset.

But for once, I'm not. "What exactly is going on with that?" I say, staring up at him curiously. I needed to gather as much information as I could before I handled her ass.

Alessio's arm wraps around my waist and he falls back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I rest my chin against his sternum and stare up at him expectantly while his hand on my waist traces patterns against the material of my silk nightie. "It was supposed to be a simple trade off. I give Nico Arnold and in turn he spares you." He sighs, his voice an equal mix of frustration and exhaustion.

"And what does this business deal have to do with anything? Can't you just... I don't know, give Nico Arnold's address so he can just show up and kill the dude?" I ask, fiddling with his gold chain.

A breathy laugh escapes the man and he shakes his head, his eyes still trained on the ceiling in thought. "That's not how this sort of thing works, Principessa. I need to single him out. If Arnold died right now there would be too much press, public outcry and attention that Nico doesn't want." He says, glancing down at me.