59 || The Ultimate Tease

Começar do início

I couldn't handle anymore issues with Greta.

The truth is, although I agreed to give whatever this was another shot, I'm still hesitant. Just because I was willing to try, didn't mean all was forgiven.

Yes, we were in a good place, but we've been here before, his words only went so far.

I needed actions.

I'm too lost in my own pool of doubt to register Alessio's hand shoot out to grab mine. I turn my head to watch him as he threads his fingers through mine and gives my hand two firm squeezes.

I trail my eyes up to his face and he turns his head catching my eye. He brings my hand up to the seam of his lips and places a peck along the back of my hand.

His eyes are soft and the action gives me the assurance I need and I find myself shuffling closer to him. 'Put it on speaker.' I mouth to him and he does so with a nod, but not before sending me a warning look. 

He's telling me to behave.

But before I can reply, Greta's shrieky voice fills the room and I can already feel my day getting worse.

"I don't know what to tell you, Alessio. Daddy says that hes still not entirely convinced."

Alessio's hand moves out of mine and he runs it through his hair, tugging in frustration as he sighs out. "What more could he want?" Alessio grits through clenched teeth and I can tell he's trying his hardest to calm down, but it's all taking a toll on him.

I blink, not knowing what to do as my mind instantly starts wandering.

Why was this whole thing so difficult?

Why did Arnold need more proof?

Why was it so crucial for the business deal that Alessio and Greta get together?

These questions instantly fill my mind as I listen in on their conversation with furrowed brows. Judging by the way they were speaking, I could tell this wasn't the first time they were having a conversation like this.

"You know, Alessio. The only way we can guarantee the business deal going through would be getting engaged-"

"I thought I already made myself clear on my answer. Fuck no." Alessio growls cutting her off and I find myself instantly sitting up.

I didn't know a lot about this business deal but just from what I'm hearing, it doesn't make any sense.

Why wasn't Arnold convinced? Greta was a daddy's girl and Arnold had an unhealthy attachment to her. From the times I've been around them, It was clear that he worshiped the ground she walked on.

Arnold always ate up Greta's bullshit.

I highly doubted that he cared if Alessio and Greta were in a relationship. Why would he? It didn't have anything to do with handing over half his company.

And if he did -which I'm almost sure he didn't - Greta wouldn't have to convince him, he'd believe whatever she said.

It didn't make sense.