01 | new coach?

"ugh, but i don't want too!" olivia conway complained while sitting on the frozen ice. "come on, you're the best player!" connie moreau begged. the stubborn girl reached her arms up for her best friend to come help her up, caving in. connie held her hand out and the conway girl grabbed it, getting pulled off the ice.

the district five hockey team had found a pond that was frozen, and decided to skate and have a game on it, since they didn't have a rink of their own. "besides me, of corse." charlie conway skated up to the two girls, stopping quickly and spraying some ice on them. connie rolled her eyes and olivia pushed him, making him fall to his butt on the frozen ice with a grunt. the two girls bursted out laughing at the sight, along with the others.

the children were making fun of greg goldberg because he kept complaining about getting hit by pucks, when he's literally the goalie. when a fancy, shiny, black limo drove over the ice. olivia conway and lester averman shared confused glances before a man with slicked-back hair and an all black suit stepped out of the vehicle. the kids all gathered in a group, staring at him and the car.

"yo dude, you obliviously in da wrong hood! this is my dominion. a drug-free zone, you understand? we ain't buying nothing! i'm feeling generous today, so i'll let you off with a warning. imma let you get your sorry vanilla bootie out of here before we be usin' your eyeballs as hockey pucks!" jesse hall sassed, causing his teammates to laugh.

"thanks, bro, but i'm not going home until i take care of business." the man replied. he opened his suit and sticked his hand inside, feeling around for something. the kids backed away quickly, afraid he's going to pull out a gun and shoot all of them.

but, he pulled out a small piece of paper that's folded into a square. "district five peewee hockey team. i'm gordon bombay. i'm the new coach." the man informed. all of them looked at each other, not buying it. "very funny!" connie laughed. "yeah, right!" jesse chuckled. "i'm afraid so, dude." gordon mocked their slang. "i've got the roster right here." he unfolded the paper, "averman, lester. conway, charlie. conway, olivia. hall, terry. hall, jesse." he read some of their names. they looked at each other in utter shock,

"geez, he really is the coach!" guy germaine mumbled. "now here's the long and the short of it. i hate hockey and i don't like kids." bombay stated. "what's this supposed to be, a pep talk?" peter mark asked with sarcasm.

"look, i'm sure this'll be a real bonding experience. maybe one day, one of you will even right a book about it in jail." bombay joked yet with a straight face. "haha, funny." averman said sarcastically.

"is there a goalie?" 'coach' asked, changing the subject. "only for a little while, i'm movin' back to philly." goldberg explained. "thank you for the information." gordon thanked him, and they couldn't tell if it's for real or sarcasm.

"alright, get out on the ice. let me see what you can do." bombay demanded his new team. everyone started skating out on the ice again, "fyi, we really suck." averman gave a heads up to coach. "hey, i'll be the judge of that." he replied before the ginger boy skated away.

the two girls ; also known as the only people on the team with common sense, watched as their friends tackled each other dramatically over the puck.

"the pete-meister! mr. rabble-rouser! passing the puck over to jesse-ronnie, the enforcer!" averman played around while watching his friends play. guy germaine then fell and charlie accidentally tripped over him, "ouch! that hurt!" lester averman continued narrating. as connie skated up to him, "oh, it's the connie-meister-" averman started but got cut off by the brunette pushing him over as she skated by. "the velvet hammer." lester finished his taunting while laying on the icy ground like a starfish.