Chapter 11

[Music above is my favourite SAO 'Swordland' cover. Music isn't mine. Not sure if it work though

(So, the first part will be from the manga, just that I edited slightly.)

Kirito POV

Location: Floor 50. Algade

It has been 2 years since we were all trapped in the Game World. Each player has started searching for their own way of life. Imprisoned within this world, we once again obtain the feeling of 'living'. That is, the existence of hunger and the necessity of sleep.

In Aincrad, there exist markets to supply players with the food and equipment needed to beat the game. Located on the 50th Floor, Algade, is the biggest market district in all of Aincrad due to the many players roaming here.

Some players have formed Guilds with the goal of beating the game. Although few in numbers, some players chose to become the Merchant class. There are also those who become a solo, or fight in a pair due to the effectiveness of mobility alone.

Most off those who survived this death game, live their lives in the market district.

As I was about to enter an acquaintance's shop, I heard him said,

"Thank you for your patronage! Come again!" As a player came out of his store.

"Hey Agil, still going about your business as shamelessly as usual." I greeted jokingly. Agil is a merchant, although he sometimes helps in raids as a tank class.

"Yo, Kirito!" Agil greeted back. "Our shop's motto is to buy cheap, sell cheap."

"The last one sounds suspicious." Agil usually buys things cheap, but sells things expensive.

"Don't go slandering my name, brother. So, what can I help you today?"

"I also came here to sell something." I told him.

"You're a regular client, so I won't try any tricks." He said, looking at the goods I was planning to sell. "Oi oi... Isn't this an S-Rank item? 'Ragout Rabbit Meat'... It's my first time seeing it as well. Kirito, it's not like you need any money right? Haven't you considered just eating this yourself?"

Eating is just about one of the only pleasure in SAO. But even if you got your hand on a rare ingredient, you need to find someone with high enough cooking skills. Not many players got that high enough cooking skill yet since people rarely use the limited skill slots for the cooking skill. That is why the chances of eating a good meal in SAO is extremely low.

"I did, but-"

"Kirito-kun!" I was cut off by Asuna who greeted me.

"Chef acquired!" I said, grabbing her hand, "I'll trust your skills."

"What?" She looked at me confused. Suddenly, a glare was directed at me. I saw a creepy looking guy next to her glaring at me. Judging by the uniform, they are from the same guild.

"What a rare sight, Asuna. For you to come to a rubbish heap like this." I quickly let go of her hand.

"Rubbish heap?" Agil muttered. Noticing Agil, she greeted him with a bright smile. Turning back to me, she said.

"The next boss battle is coming up. So I came to see if you were alive. What else?"

"You already registered me in your friends list. You should be able to tell without coming here right?" I said bluntly.

"You see, the reason I came here was to-" I cut her off since I had something else in mind.

"By the way, how high is your cooking skill?"