Chapter 4

(Spoiler warning: Source is mostly from the Progressive Manga for the next three chapters including this one. It will be mostly the same, but Kiyo takes Kirito and Asuna's place.)

Kiyotaka POV

When I entered the forest, thick fog covered my sight, making it hard to see. As I went deeper into the forest, the fog started to clear out. Once the fog cleared out, I was in a clearing with many paths.

'Whoosh' I dodged a hit that came from behind me. I backed up to get some distance away. At where I once was at are 5 tree like monsters, which the system called them Elder Treants, two Thicket Spiders, and 4 Magmar Boars.

Just as I got some distance, one of the Magmar Boar charged at me, which I dodged at the last second and place the blade of my Scythe at where I was standing. Unable to stop itself, it got itself cut in half. I closed the distance to the thicket spiders and used <Horizontal Slash> cutting the two spiders in half. Without wasting time, I sent a kick at an Elder Treants side, sending it away, and slashed at the other. As they went in for an attack by slashing horizontally with their claw-like hands, I ducked and knocked the Elder Treants legs from underneath it and swung my scythe downwards on it while it was down. 4 out of 11 mobs down. The Treant which I kicked at me swept its arm at me, and I used my scythe as a lever to dodge and cut it down.

I closed in the gap on the rest, and used <Horizontal slash> in a wide arc, killing the remaining Treants and a boar, leaving just two boars alive. One boar charged at me, which I sidestepped and launched a right hook on it and sliced off its head as he got knocked away. I charged at the last boar and swung my scythe at it, giving it a deep gash, before I sent another scythe which cut of its head.

The mobs seemed weaker than the 2nd Floor, but now they attack in groups. I followed a path and stop when I heard the sound of sword clashing. Peeking out of the bushes, I spotted two elves fighting. One was female and had a darker skin than the other. The darker skin elf was called a dark elf, while the other was a forest elf. There are quest markers above both of them, which means that this is a quest. Reading the quest details, it says that we could only help one side.

  "This is the end!" The forest elf had the dark elf on the ground and swung his sword down to kill

"This is the end!" The forest elf had the dark elf on the ground and swung his sword down to kill. Me being the good person I am, intercepted the attack before the female elf was killed.

"Foolish children of man! You dare draw your blades against the Forest Elves and conspire with the Dark Elves?" The Forest Elf gritted his teeth.

"The Forest Elves are my sworn enemies! Do not hinder my efforts, human! Be gone from this forest!!" The dark elf glared at me.

"...Okay." I said as I pushed the forest elf back, giving me space as I began to walk off, making the two elves look at me dumbfounded. Well, it's not like I have to participate in the quest...

"Fool, you have disrupted the battle. You will meet your end at my blade!" The Forest Elf yelled as he charged at me.

"If you are coming at me, don't yell." I sighed exasperatedly.