Chapter 10

74th Floor

Kirito POV

"Hey Kii-bou, have you heard? Another group of PKers from that guild, Laughing Coffin, were taken down again. The Reaper of the Shadows have strike again!" Argo announced. Again? How many times have it been? I know the Laughing Coffin is a big guild, but the PKers there are no small fry. What type of monster do this 'Reaper of the Shadows' be to take out so many of their players? (The nickname was suggested to me by @Ayanokouji_D04)

"How many of them now?" I asked.

"The newest case had 8 of their deaths and 10 captured. This is the 50th PKer captured or killed. All of them traumatized to almost the point of madness, some of which had their limbs gone." She answered. "From what what we managed to get out of them, the player had a scythe."

"A scythe user? That's rare." In SAO, scythe users are rare. From my experience, I have only seen two of them. One was dead, the other was nowhere to be seen. I have only seen the latter once though... and that was back on the fourth floor boss. Could it be him?

"Yes. At any rate, this was the only info I've gotten so far."

"Thanks a lot." Once I was done, I went back to the inn where my girlfriend, Sachi was. I can't stay for too long or she will get jealous.

Kiyotaka POV

I sighed for the nth time ever since I was in this Death Game. Ever since I started taking down those PKers, I've been given that nickname. Makes me wonder who gave me that name. Rumors of my latest deed have already spread around. Luckily for me, I always had the invisibility cloak with me, making it easier to move around.

Teleporting to the 22nd Floor where my house, or rather guild house, was. The house was a log house somewhere in the forest, but in a safe zone. You must be wondering why here and not on the upper floors right? The reason was that this place does not have many players, along with a forest with mobs in there to train, making it a good place to stay especially for someone like me who hates crowds and attention.

"I'm back." I announced as I knocked on the door so that my two guild members are aware of my presence. Making myself visible, I opened the door and spotted Asuna sitting on the couch.

"Welcome back, Kiyotaka-kun." She greeted with a welcoming and bright smile.

"Ah...yeah... You're here today? What about your guild?" Too bright... "...Where's the other two?"

"Ah! They are in the woods busy training. They should be back soon." I saw a small frown appear for a split second before it returned to her bright smile. Maybe I'm imagining things...

"I see... So any reason you are-" Just as I was about to ask her the reason why she came, there was a knock, and door opened with my two guild members entering the house chatting with each other.

"Oh Nii-san you're here!" Yuna greeted once she spotted me. "Ne ne check out my stats!"

Both Koharu and Yuna showed me.

Yuna's stats

Username: Yuna

Level: 84

Weapon type: Spearclass

Weapon ability:

When the spear tip is pierced into the ground, it gives player's party or guildmembers in 15m radius attack, defense, and resistance buffs by 70% of their original damage. Buff durations lasts as long as it's in the ground, and can buff an unlimited number of partyor guild members in its range.