Chapter 6

Kiyotaka POV

  The first quest in the Dark Elf Quest campaign was 'Jade Key', number two was 'Vanquishing the spiders'. The third was 'The flower offering' in which the battle was one-sided, with the field boss easily taken down. After finishing it, I went back to town to see what information I can acquire from people through bribing. After acquiring enough information, I went back to the Dark Elves' Base Camp and continued on with the fourth quest.

  The forth was 'Emergency orders'. And so, we are supposed to escort a rescued Dark Elf Scout.

  Judging from how the Dark elf acted, it was fairly obvious that he was acting as a spy. Since the story will change, which may or may not be a positive change, I decided to play along.

  In the end, the disguised Dark Elf exposed his ruse and stole back the Jade Key. However, when he did that, I was already on stand-by and killed him immediately. During this process, I found the Forest Elves' Big camp, concluding the Fifth chapter. From there, we decided to put a hold on the Quest.

Timeskip

   "..." I had suspicions that something was going to happen tonight. Everything since the start of this quest felt eerie. However, since the spider cave, things have been way to calm. It felt like a calm before a storm. Today however, I had a bad feeling. Remembering the information given to me by the info broker, Argo, whom I bribed a while ago. She told me what the others have planned.

  *Splash!* I looked towards the source of the sound beside me, and saw Kizmel in all her glory pouring water on herself for a shower.

  "Say, Kiyotaka. What is it that have you so pensive lately?" Hmm? She can tell even though there should be no emotions leaking out of me? Probably an elf ability. "I may not fully understand your human problems... but I can try... So speak, I will scrub your back and listen."

  "...Alright."

Timeskip

  It was late at night. Looking at Kizmel sleeping, I exited the tent. Walking to the Forest Elves' base camp, I sensed a presence in the woods.

  "...I know you are there. Come out from the shadows." I turned to the player's direction in the woods.

  "Wow... that's wild... I have never been revealed before with that quick timing!"

  "...Why are you here?" I asked him. The player was revealed to be the one back at the Spider Queen's Cave who was holding the item.

  "Me? Just a regular security on the scout camp. And you are?"

  "...An ordinary person who got lost?" I replied.

  "No, that can't be true. There weren't many players who knew about this infiltration point... even in the beta."

  "Coincidences can be freaky. Judging by how you know, that means you are a beta tester." I had found this place when I was back in the Dark-Elf Camp since I had time to spend when I had stayed there.

  "Heh heh. Yep, former beta tester here!! I'm hiding my history and working so hard to earn points in my gu-" He was cut off by me walking towards their camp.

  "I don't mind you infiltrating, but it's no fun just letting you stroll past." He said, moving in front of me and summoned his sword. "So what do ya say about having a duel."

  "I'm guessing I don't have a choice?" I asked even though I already knew his answer.

  "Indeed."

  "... Before we fight, I would like to ask you a question. Dragon Knights' Brigade (DKB), led by Lind, is only interested in clearing floors. Why did they start doing the elf campaign?" I asked using the information I acquired back when I went to town.