Cinderella Should've Worn Converse

Start from the beginning

“Uh Jane?” I speak as she reaches out of the door handle. She pauses and looks at me, “Yes?” 

“This other Alpha—“ I start and she stares at me for a moment and then a small smile starts to spread over her lips, “Are you nervous?” She questions. I feel my cheeks heat, “Maybe only a little.” I say back to which she laughs. Her hand comes to rest over mine which I hadn’t noticed I had clenched together in front of me, “Don’t worry Alpha Harvey and Luna Rose are both very kind—They practically raised Alpha Noah considering that Claire was…” She stops short looking down to the ground, “Sorry I shouldn’t be telling you this. I don’t think Alpha Noah would be very happy.” 

“No, please—tell me.” I urge her to continue. 

She looks back at me, “Claire—Alpha’s first mate—She was their daughter.” She says barely above a whisper. I feel my heart clench at the thought and if I wasn’t nervous before I’m extra nervous now. How am I supposed to go in there and greet them knowing that there daughter was the Luna of this pack and Noah’s mate and then suddenly I appeared. I let out a small sigh. 

We are his mate now. We deserve to be here. My wolf prompts me as my emotions swirl through me. I stand up a little taller, “Thank you for telling me—It’ll be our secret.” I say to Jane as I nod my head for her to open the door. She gives me a reassuring smile before she opens the door for me. I walk through the open door and come to a stop. 

The room is huge and in the center is a large table that looked like it could sit at least fifty people comfortably. It’s decorated with beautiful chinaware and glass. It seriously looks like something you’d see in a castle for a king’s feast. There are quite a few people in the room and most of them are in small cliques laughing and talking with each other. Only those closer to the door seem to take notice of me. I smile at them sheepishly as I move further away from the door. 

I bite my lip as I look around the room for Noah feeling extremely out of place. It doesn’t take long for me to spot him in a small group near the far side of the room. He looks extremely good in his suit that I feel like my temperature rises a couple degrees. There is a tall man next to him who looks to be in his late forties greying near his temples, though even with that you couldn’t deny he was attractive. He has his arm wrapped around the waist of the tall red head beside him who was smiling over whatever they were talking about. That must be Claire’s parents. I start to make my way toward the group when a tall brunette walks up and puts her hand on Noah laughing at something Alpha Harvey must have said. 

My wolf is growling loudly in my head, The she-wolf is touching what is ours! 

I felt anger ripple through me and I grabbed a drink off of a tray near by. A group of wolves gave me wary looks as I threw my head back and chugged it. I slammed the empty drink down on the tray glaring at them, “What?” I snap and they quickly look away from me and move there little group further away. I knew it was my wolf, she must be throwing out her dominant vibes. I moved deeper into the room and closer to Noah. People were noticing me as I moved through the room giving me looks of curiosity. 

The sound of Noah laughing had me pausing and I noticed the Brunette was close to him practically latched onto his side. I clenched my hands into fists at my side my nails digging into my flesh, the pain keeping me from charging across the room and ripping her off of him.