Cinderella Should've Worn Converse

Start from the beginning

I smiled at the girl warmly, “What’s your name?” 

“My na-name?” She questions her cheeks turning red, “Uh it’s Jane…” 

“Well, Jane it’s nice to meet you. Sorry that you got roped into helping me out you probably have loads of other things that you’d rather be doing right now.” I tease. She quickly shakes her head back and forth, “It’s an honor to be able to help you Lun—I mean Scarlett.” I look her over one more time and then shrug my shoulders, “If you say so.” 

I spent the next thirty minutes letting Jane dry and style my hair. She wanted to put make up on my face but I told her only if it looked natural. I was never one for painting myself to look like someone I wasn’t. When she handed me a shimmery material I looked at it, “What’s this?” 

Jane who had become much more relaxed let out a small giggle, “It’s a dress.”  

“Oh, right—I’ve heard of those—never really seen one.” I joke though it was true that I wasn’t much of a dress girl. I’d spent most of my life in jeans and t-shirts even before I left my old pack. The thought of my old pack causes me to think of David. I frown and a small ache rushes into in my chest. 

“Are you okay?” Jane asks. I quickly push the thoughts away not wanting to dwell in the past a moment longer. I smile at her, “Of course, I was just thinking how angry Noah would be if I showed up in Jeans…” She scrunches up her face and I laugh as I push her out of the room so I can get dressed. 

I have to admit the dress was beautiful and it fit me pretty well—not perfect but close enough. The white material actually made my skin look tan which was nice since I never looked tan. It came just above my knee so I didn’t feel like I was revealing to much skin but it was backless and that made me a little nervous. I honestly wasn’t used to showing off much of my skin, but that’s because David hadn’t wanted anyone else to look at me. I growl at the thought of him and push my way out of the bathroom. 

Jane’s brown eyes widen at the sight of me, “Wow!” 

“That good huh?” I wink as I do a tiny spin the bottom of my dress flowing with the twirl. She smiles at me before holding one of her hands out, “Here.” I look and see a pair of silver strapped high heels. I stare at them blankly and then shake my head, “No way. I am not wearing those. I will break my neck—“ 

“But Alpha—“ I hold up my hand to silence her, “Oh I’m sure I know what Alpha Noah told you.” I mock, “But I’m not wearing those. I reach down and grab my converse, “I learn from other people’s mistakes. Cinderella should’ve worn converse.” I joke as I finish tying them onto my feet. Jane gives me a questioning look but doesn’t say anything more. 

Jane leads me through the maze that is Noah’s pack house and I’m starting to think someone is going to have to draw me up a map or get me a GPS if they don’t want me to get lost every time I leave my room. When she stops outside a set of large double doors I feel a strange nervousness in the pit of my stomach and the urge to run away back the way we came hits me hard. Thank god I wore my converse, the only problem in this scenario is my poor sense of direction.