Chapter 3 - Forgive Me, Derek

"Put the book down and no body gets hurt," Bella warned me, "Stop studying for two hours! Let's go party!"

I groaned and closed my eyes. "Bella. I need to study or else I'll fail."

I opened one eye and peeked at her. "Do you want that to happen?"

She dramatically waved her arms. "No! But, c'm on, Luke. You can't stop for two measly hours?"

I now opened both eyes. "No. The test is on Tuesday. Today's Sunday."

She whined, "You can study tomorrow! Just go to the party with me? I don't wanna be alone."

I shook my head, and sat up. I picked up my highlighter, and began reading once more.

Bella pursed her lips. "How about for only one hour? Then you can leave."

Only an hour? I can do that. "Sure."

She bounced on the balls of her toes, and squeaked, "Yay! Let's go now!"

"What?! Now?!" I exclaimed.

She laughed. "Yeah, you're right, maybe you should get changed first."

I looked down at my sweatpants and nodded in agreement. Once you've gone outside in sweatpants, you've given up. You know?

She skipped to the closet, and started going through my cloths. "Oh," She said, "This is perfect!"

I rolled my eyes an peeked at what she held up. Dark jeans and a black band-tee. "Really? Black on black?"

She winked. "I need to keep Derek's little red riding hood away from the wolves somehow, right?"

I shook my head and looked at her like she was crazy. "Good metaphor, horrible time to use it. You realize Derek IS a wolf? And not everyone is gay, Bells."

She pouted. "Lemme have my moment, Lukey."

I smiled at her. "Whatever."

...

I struggled as Bella dragged me toward the dance floor. Music blasted from the speakers and I could feel the bass vibrating in my chest. It wasn't the worst sensation ever, but it wasn't the most pleasant either. "I told you I don't want to dance, Bella!"

Her grip on my arm tightened. "Loosen up, Luke! We're at a party! Chill!"

She had really sharp nails, though she didn't realize it, so I let her take me into the middle of the crowd (if I struggle anymore she'd break skin). She began dancing and I followed her lead, swaying my hips and moving my arms. I'm not very graceful, but I can move with the beat.

Then I started to feel the strangest sensation. Like I was being watched. Was Derek here? ... No, he was catching up with his old Elemental friends. Maybe they came to the party? It's possible. I looked around, over people's heads, for Derek's messy black hair. But people were moving and pushing and jumping and I couldn't get a good look. I glanced back down, and was caught in a trance when my eyes met light brown eyes. They were almost as beautiful as derek's eyes.

They flashed even brighter yellow when our eyes met, but then they were gone as the sea of people shifted with the flow of the music.

...

"I'm leaving," I shouted over the thumping dance music, "I gotta finish my studying!"

Bella nodded, smiling at me as her new friend waved me goodbye. They started talking when she went to get a drink and she seems nice. Her names Rachel Helena McBride and she has yet to figure out what she wants to do in life. She's really sweet.

I squeezed my way out of the crowd and made my way to the door.

It's time to get my study on.

...

"Luke!" Derek said as he opened the door and two other people walked in with him. "These are my friends from Florida. Sam," He pointed at the boy with light blond hair and bright blue eyes, "He is a air Elemental, and this is Logan. He's a earth elemental." I hardly heard Derek because I could only focus on his bright brown eyes. This is the boy from the party. Straight dark brown hair, clear tan skin, tall and muscular, he was... Forgive me Derek... A human adonis. He stared back at me. Oh, no.

Have I found my Elemental mate?

Stuck in what could only be described as shock, I vaguely heard Derek mutter a curse word before stepping into my view. He grabbed my shoulders and shook them back and forth. "Luke! Stop zoning out! This is why I told you to go easy on the studying."

...

*A/N*

DUN DUN DUNN. . . how do you guys feel about Logan? Tell me!!!

Vote

Fan

COMMENT

-Crumbs