Other than that, I was left with cuts and scrapes that had mostly healed in the past few days and all I needed to worry about was the soreness.

She hands me another cup of water and I take it as she starts to remove the I.V in my arm. "I would recommend that you stay away from any strenuous activity for the next few days." She says, side eyeing me and then she peeks towards Alessio. "As hard as it might be with a hunk like that." She mumbles.

It takes me a couple minutes to realise what she's saying and when I do, I choke on my cup of water and it sends me into a coughing fit.

One that's loud enough to wake the beast on the couch.

His body jolts up and in an instant he's standing like he's on guard. I watch his state of confusion as he makes a move to reach into his back-most likely reaching for his gun, but then he pauses and takes a moment to blink once he sees the nurse.

He sighs, his body instantly relaxing as he rubs the sleep from his tired eyes before they trail to me and then back towards the nurse.

And then I watch it click and he does a double take, his eyes widening once we connect eyes and the next thing I know he's moving towards me.

"Is she okay?" He asks the nurse as his eyes flicker all over my face in a mix of wonder, gratitude and relief.

He moves forward and cups the side of my face, tilting my face up towards him. The nurse tells him I'm fine and he nods as she continues to speak, but with the way he's staring at me, I know he's not listening to her anymore.

He heard that I was fine and that's all he needed.

The nurse excuses herself shortly after and a strange silence fills the room. Alessio's looking at me while I'm left to sit there awkwardly and when I finally look at his face, his frantic eyes are scanning my body as if he's making sure I'm actually here.

I take the time to trail my eyes across his face. His hair is a mess of curls, his cheeks are hollowed out like he hasn't been eating, there's a faint bruise on the side of his cheek. His overgrown scruff across his sharp jaw tells me he hasn't been taking care of himself and the bags under his eyes tell me he hasn't been getting any sleep.

He looks exhausted but the way in which his eyes light up when he looks at me, tells me he's the furthest thing from miserable right now.

"Hi." He breathes softly, the smallest of smiles gracing his lips.

I swallow thickly, "Hi." I reply, somewhat awkwardly.

"I missed you." He murmurs as he moves his head forward, like he's going to kiss me but just when his lips ghost over mine, I turn my head and divert my attention to the door.

His lips land on my cheek and I move my head away from him, lightly pushing on his chest to push him away from me as I watch Marco and Liam walk into the room with bags of what seem to be takeout.

A smile graces my lips at the sight of them. "I call dibs on the Spring rolls." Liam says, his head tilted down as he looks through the bag in his hand.

"But those are my favourite." I say softly and I watch both men pause. Liam's head snaps up and his eyes widen when he sees me.