"Drive."

"Aaron, get out."

"I'm not leaving you alone."

"Don't you get it? I don't need you. I never did. You're just increasing my dilemmas with your presence."

Aaron turns to me. His eyes were a deep red color, yet no tears came out of his eyes. He was still affected by the news of Zyair, and I felt bad for putting him through that. He already had enough issues to deal with his dad. He sucks in the air and lets out a shaky breath. "Does it make you feel better to talk like that?"

"I just need you to get out of my car."

"And I need you to understand that I'm not leaving you alone."

"I don't need your help. That's the absolute last thing I need."

"I don't need you to protect me! That's the last thing I need! I'm not letting you do this alone! Whatever it is!"

Why does he have to be such an annoying jerk?

"It's okay to need help, Gray. You taught me that. It's also okay to be scared. You taught me that too, " Aaron grabs my hands and pulls me into a hug.

I didn't realize when I let out a sigh of relief, but I did. His hug was comfortable. A comfort I didn't realize needed. "Bro, Zyair's....."

My voice trails off, drifting in the air. Unspoken.

"Zyair would be fine. He's the strongest fighter we know."

I hoped so. I really hoped so.

~~~~~~~~~~

A long, excruciating week passes, and there is still no sign of Luca. In Kayden's words, it was almost as if Luca had disappeared into thin air. A fucking coward, if you ask me.
I roll on the hotel bed, propping my upper body with my elbows, and continue typing into my computer. It's also been three days since I last spoke to Kayden. He offered to call if he had any leads but urged me not to keep my hopes up. His unsure words made me realize I couldn't rely on him, so I began my own search. Each time I think I had them, my investigation takes a 180 and lands me with a whole new view. Most things didn't add up. They must have a hidden camera somewhere because they always seem to know what we were thinking or planning.

The Cagers were also pros at disappearing. I knew that more than anyone else. You couldn't find them unless they wanted to be found. My room door snaps open, and Aaron walks in with only a towel wrapped around his waist and a tray of food balanced on his right palm.

"Dude, the Belgium waffles here are sick, " he comments, closing my room door with the back of his foot.

He settles the tray on my bed and stuffs his mouth with another waffle. That was Aaron's way of coping with stress. By eating way more than he needed. But it wasn't mine.

"What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he points to his mouth. "You should eat something too. One can't fight without strength."

"You should leave."

"Also, call Dove. She might not show it, but she's worried sick," he ignores me, pouring syrup all over his waffles. "Or we could visit Zyair in the hospital."

The hotel was located a few miles from home. Far enough from my family, but close enough for me to watch over them.

Thankfully, my mother had been preoccupied with the baby and Dave to notice the changes. Not that it was much of a change either, considering I never stayed home much.