N° 1 HERE COMES TROUBLE

§———————————————§
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
and Immortality.

-Emily Dickinson
§———————————————§

It was really quiet out here compared to the chaos in the house.
My father will be mad because I left him alone in there, but I couldn't bear for another minute what was going on inside.
What can I say, my mother was loved by everyone and that makes it even more difficult to see all those 'sorry faces' and to hear "it will be hard, but with time it will be easier". How could you possibly know, how I am feeling and how I will feel in time? I wanted to scream to them. Of course, I couldn't do it, but it feels nice to imagine that I did it. I sighed and rubbed my face with my palms. I don't want to think about my mother because it makes me cry, scream and laugh at the same time. But memories of her come to me no matter what.
From a young age, I learned that my mother will always answer me with a phrase when I asked her about something important or less, but for her, every experience of mine seemed to be special, maybe because she was an author and she couldn't help it. One time in second grade she came to school to tell us a story. Of course, all the girls including me wanted something with a princess and a prince, and all the boy's something with dragons... Anyway, the story started like all the other fairy tales, but the end shocked everybody because instead of choosing the prince, the princess chose the big bad dragon. Everybody was confused, but she told us that "all is fair in love and war". At age of sixteen, for example, I was invited to my first high school party and I couldn't decide on what to wear so I asked her for an opinion. But she couldn't just tell that I could wear a dress or go simple with some jeans. Yeah, no way. She would have taken her gaze from a book (she usually read something) and would have looked me straight in the eyes and told me that "the perfume is what they remember". And I would only become more undecided and angry that she couldn't simply answer to me. Now, I wished she was here and would tell me one of her phrases that wouldn't make any sense to me. That makes me think about what I promised her before she died.
"Zuzu" I hear mom whispering and I was up immediately from the chair placed next to her bed."It's something wrong, do you want me to call for the doctor?" I was so scared every time she spoke to not be her last word, because the doctor told us that it will not be long before she dies. But she just smiled and shook her head, holding her hand out for me. " I wanted to tell you something..." I took her hand and sit next to her on the bed. " You know when I was your age I made an oath with my best friend Mia and we said that it can be accomplished to the end of our lives, but since my life will end soon, I want you to do what I couldn't do it until now." I looked at her confused because she never told me about this before. " Can I ask you to fulfill this task for me?" She told me this with a hopeful smile, so I couldn't say no to her, but I would have made anyway anything for her no matter what. " Of course, you can ask me anything." She pulled me closer to her until we hugged and it made me cry because I knew that in a short time she won't be here to give me her perfect hugs. She cleared her throat.
" Ok, so this oath was made in our senior year, and you know that we went to all-girls catholic high school so everything was very strict. We were so full of hearing from everybody that 'girls should be like this, they should make this or that, and that we should always be good girls because God sees everything. So we wanted to revolt ourselves through this oath. It is called seven deadly sins, but they aren't deadly and some of them do not sin anymore. I only did two of these, until your grandparents thought that I was living an outrageous life and sent me away to a boarding school, where I felt sick the whole year because I haven't had any freedom. Then I went to college, met your father, got married and you arrived soon after.. so I kind of forgot about it. But May came to visit me two weeks ago and she remembered me about it and I truly want to finish this oath, but I can't and so if you would accept, I will fulfill it through you then." " I promise you" "Thank you Zu, I knew I could trust you with this. The list is in my school box in the attic, I think." She said then looked up thinking. "Yeah, I am sure is there." Then she looked at me again. " I know I said that I made two things from the list, but I think you should do them too, it's your choice."
I take out my phone case and there it was paper with THE LIST.

1. Make sex before marriage
2. Stole something
3. Fight someone with your fists
4. Learn to swear in at least 5 different languages ​​and apply
5. Smoke and drink alcohol
6. Skinny dipping
7. Whatever you want, but be a bad girl!

I look at her for the third time since I've found it. It wasn't hard to do these things but some of them may have consequences and it's really weird that my mother practically begged me to get in trouble. But I have already decided to go with it, so I should start already and see where it will take me. I threw my heels on the grass and got up, it was time to do it, so I started running to my friend's house where I kept pressing on the ring bell until Sarah's mother answered me annoyed. Her look changed immediately into a compassionate one and a confused one at the same time.
- Zu, what are you doing here, I thought today was your mother's requiem.
- Yeah it is.. it was I mean the guests had already left.
I didn't want to lie to her, but I knew she wouldn't agree to let her daughter with me if she knew what I was going to do and it was 8 pm, so it wouldn't be impossible for them to have already left.
- Can I speak to Sarah, Mrs. Adam?
She looked me over again and she nodded inviting me in.
- She's upstairs in her room.
- Thank you! I said while I climb the stairs two by two.
I opened the door to her room and I saw her sitting in the bed listening to music, but she didn't observe me so I jumped in her bed and scared her.
- What fuck! She yelled, snatching her headphones from her ears.
- Oh! She looked confused seeing me there. I thought it was Ron, only he has this habit of scaring the shit out of me. What are you doing here?
- Sorry, but I am excited and nervous at the same time and I want to ask you something.
She nodded her head for me to keep going.
- Ok, it might sound a little crazy, but I need to do this, so... ah, I want to run naked on the main boulevard.

§——§

- Oh my God, my mother is going to kill me! She says, going from one side of the cell to the other.
- This has gone better than I imagine. I say amused, thinking about what we have done less than an hour ago.
- Are you insane! We are at the police station, this can go on our record, that if I still will make it to college after our parents will kill us.
- Sarah, it going to be fine, I will take the blame and say you were trying to stop me. I say putting my hands on her shoulders and trying to calm her down.
- This was a mistake. She nods her head in disapproval and hits the bar's cell with her foot.
- For God's sake, can you please shut the fuck up, I am trying to sleep here. We both jumped up at the man's hoarse voice, thinking we were alone here, but no, a man was lying on the bench in the cell next to us.
- This is a police station, not a home shelter, you know?. I say annoyed by him. Who does he think he is.

He sits up and only when he came into the lighting I could see that it was a boy from our school, whom I have known since freshman year, but never really spend time in the same group. But know it explains why he is here because, from the first time, I met Devon Reece I knew he was trouble and that's exactly why I am here right now.

A plan is beginning to form in my head, and he will have a key role in it.

§———————————————§

Hope you liked the first chapter, another one will come soon.

—————xoxo————————————————————