"We're doing fine," I said.

"That's good," he said.

"Shadow," I begun, but stopped. "Look, I'm sorry, I truely am, but I'm with Jeremy."

"I know, and it's fine, I'm glad you're happy," he said.

I didn't reply.

"Look, I'll get over it," he said. "I'm already starting to. Let's just forget about it."

"Okay,"

"Now I can go back to being your mysterious stalker friend that shows up out of no where," he said, smirking.

"Good," I said. "It's been a while since you've appeared out of thin air. It's unnatural."

"It has been a while," he said.

"Has anything else happened with those people who were chasing us?" I asked.

"Nope," he said. "Hey, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"What's your friends name?" he asked.

"Caroline,"

"Is she single?" he asked.

"Don't even go there," I said. "Come help me make popcorn."

He laughed. "I was just kidding."

"Sure you were,"

I opened a cupboard and pulled out a packet of popcorn, put it in the microwave and waited.

"Is Damon home?" I asked.

"He's in his room," Shadow said.

The microwave beeped and I took the popcorn out and poured it into a bowl.

"Do you wanna watch a movie with us?" I asked.

"Nah, I have to take care of somethings," he said. "I might come by later if I can."

"Okay," I said. "I'll see you later."

He nodded and disappeared.

I walked back out with the popcorn and sat  down on the couch.

I heard footsteps and turned my head. Damon walked in, wearing only a pair of jeans.

"Hey Marni," he paused and looked at Caroline, "Marni's friend."

I knew he would do this.

"Damon, this is my friend Caroline," I said, glaring at him. "Caroline this is my brother, Damon."

"Pleasure to meet you," he said with a cocky grin.

I gave him my best don't even go there look.

"You too," Caroline said, blushing.

"A shirt would be nice," I said.

"Yes it would, but hey, you win some you lose some," he said. "What movie are you guys watching?"

"The Last Exorcism," I said.

"Hmm.. I haven't seen that one yet, mind if I watch?"

"No, not at all," I said. My hidden meaning was go away before I hurl a fireball at you.

"Great," he said. He sat next to me and made himself comfy.

"What are you doing?" I asked under my breath.

"Watching a movie with my little sister," he said in my ear.

I glared at him and ate a peice of popcorn.

The movie begun and we all fell silent.

Caroline was not one for scary movies, I realised when she screamed at the part where the posessed girl distorted her face.

About halfway through the movie, I felt Damon go tense next to me. I looked at him, silently asking him what was wrong.

"We're not alone," he said. "There are vampires outside, circling the house. I think I might go say hi."

This is just what I needed.

"Caroline, you need to come with me," I said. "Now."

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I don't have time to explain, just-"

Windows around us shattered, and the vampires jumped through them. There was about five of them and they circled us.

I heard Caroline scream. I got up and looked around, seeing what we were up against. Three guys, two girls.

"Did you have to smash the windows?" Damon said, standing up. "We do have a front door, you know."

"Shut up," One guy, who appeared to be the leader, said.

"Or what?" Damon asked.

It happened so fast, I couldn't even process what was happening. One minute I was standing there, the next I was in the guys grasp with my head bent to the side.

"Or I'll kill the little girl," he said.

I felt my eye twitch. Did he seriously just call me a little girl?

"Now you've done it," Damon said.

I flicked my leg back and kicked him where the sun don't shine and got out of his grasp.

"I. Am. Not. A. Little. Girl!" said, punching the guy in the face with each syllable. I moved my arm and he shot back, hitting the wall and crumpling to the ground.

"Ignorant twat." I muttered.

"How dare you?" one of the girls screeched. She bared her fangs and lunged at me.

Damon appeared in front of me and plunged his hand into her chest. He pulled it back out holding something red.

"Ew, ew ew!" I muttered, grossed out by the fact that he was holding a heart.

"Who's next?" he asked.

I saw the other girl sneeking up behind Caroline.

"Caroline!" I screamed, but it was too late.

The girl had sunk her fangs into Carolines neck.