I'll Leave, Be Happy

Two months since Jessi moved out of their life, both Jimin and Jungkook are feeling much better, and begin to accept that Jessi is no longer with them in their lives anymore. Not in a bad way of course. However, after that night, where Jimin went to the beach to pick up the drunk Jungkook, Jimin once again tried his best in avoiding him.

Jimin stopped interacting and hanging out with their friends, except Taehyung. He would be the only one he literally kept contact with. Taehyung tried his best to keep his friend from falling again for Jungkook. But all his actions failed. All it takes for Jimin to fail is to receive a text from Jungkook.

Jungkook knew the reason why Jimin is avoiding him. He will come to Jimin's workplace from time to time, just to have a little chat, and that is the only place where Jimin cannot avoid him, even if he wants to. Jimin tried to treat him as cold as he could, but it would hurt inside as well. It seems that Jungkook doesn't care if Jimin is giving him the cold treatment and tried his best in avoiding him, he would check Jimin's working schedule just so he could pick Jimin up and goes to work together, and he would make Jimin hang with him after work. Jimin kept it casual with him, nothing overboard.

Jimin never stops cutting himself ever since that night at the beach. He wanted to, but he just can't. Every time when he is alone, he will start to think of Jungkook, and he will pick up the blade and press it onto his skin subconsciously. No longer feeling that pain, it was as if it has become part of his life at this point.

He started to lose interest in doing the things that he would normally do, like joining his gang and going out on the weekends, lost appetite, his weight dropped drastically. Surprisingly no one notice, once again proving Jimin is really good at hiding and covering it up.

It was on a weekend, Jimin took the day off, lying to Jungkook that his parents are back, and he needs to be at home, and the latter didn't question him any further. He went to his family's vacation house to be alone. All he wanted was to stay away from Jungkook for that one day. Taehyung called and asked where he was, and came over to be with Jimin in less than half an hour.

The moment Jimin saw his best friend standing on his front porch, he cried throwing himself onto the latter. All the pent-up emotion, all the pain that Jimin kept to himself finally exploded. Taehyung didn't make Jimin explain anything to him, he knew Jimin would open up when he wants to. So he chose to be the silent supportive best friend, and just be there for his friend.

Maybe Jimin got exhausted after crying for what seemed like half of the day, Jimin dozed off on the bed. Taehyung left and got some food for the both of them for dinner later that day. Just when he is about to leave Jimin's room, Jimin's phone beeped. Out of curiosity, he picked up Jimin's phone just to see who had just texted his best friend.

Jungkookie 🖤 :

Jimin-ah, I know you are avoiding me, please we have to talk.

Taehyung got furious after reading that text. He felt that he needed to step in, and talk some sense into Jungkook. So, he took out his own phone, called Jungkook, and said that they need to meet somewhere close. To his surprise, Jungkook agreed to meet him. They used to be close, but not so much after that incident that happened months ago.

Jimin's vacation house is located somewhere in the suburbs, so there wasn't much of a choice for the two to meet. Taehyung found a little street cafe and texted the address to Jungkook. The latter arrived roughly ten minutes afterward, and there they were seated across each other. It was awkward because Jungkook knew Taehyung doesn't like him as much as he used to, but he knew if Taehyung wants to meet, it has to be important.

"Jungkook, look I'm just going to set it straight for you, if you are interested in Jimin, please sort your feelings out, your uncertainty is causing him pain, have you noticed that he is getting thinner day by day? The spark in his eyes gone? If you are not sure, please stop doing that to Jimin anymore, it's not fair for him to wait for you, not knowing if it's worth it or not" Taehyung stopped after noticing the tears were forming in the latter's eye. "Jungkook-ah, if you do feel for him, you have to sort your feelings out, if you don't, let him know" Seeing Jungkook wiping his tears away, Taehyung tapped his shoulder, and tell him, that if he is ready, he could go to Jimin's vacation house, and talk to him. He left after passing the address to the latter.

Jungkook arrived at the front of Jimin's house, car parked, but he hesitated if he should go and knock on his door. Maybe there is fate after all, because Jimin came out of his house, wanting to go over to his backyard. The moment he saw Jungkook, he ran back into his house, but he was too late because Jungkook caught up to him. "Jimin-ah, why?". His grip on Jimin is tight, Jimin tried to wriggle his way out of Jungkook's grip but failed. He's too weak for that. "Please let me go Kookie". Tears rolled down on the sides of his cheek. Jungkook did, let him go. He waited for Jimin to be slightly calm before he continued.

"Jimin-ah, do you hate me that much?" he waited for the smaller to answer him. Jimin doesn't hate him, of course not. In fact, he loves him so much, that he is willing to suffer in pain, just so Jungkook could sort out his feelings, Jimin is willing to wait for as long as it takes. "No, Kookie... I don't hate you, it's just that I can't be with you, and we can't be together for as long as you are not sure what you want..." Jungkook looked into Jimin's eyes, indeed, the sparkle that is usually in it is no longer visible, and as he observes the latter's figure, Jimin doesn't look well, with sunken eyes, visibly thinner but not in a healthy way.

"Jimin-ah, I'm not sure about many things, but I'm sure I need you, but at the same time, I'm having a hard time moving on from Jessi, but I need you, I'm sure of that" Jimin did not give any response on that, instead he walked away. Jungkook came after him grabbing Jimin from the back "Please give me some time?" Jimin looked at Jungkook, and he nodded.

Things seem to go in a better direction since that talk. Jungkook is back to how he was, being a super protective and possessive unofficial boyfriend. Yes, unofficial, because Jungkook hasn't been able to move on from Jessi fully yet. No one understands the dynamic that they both are in, but as long as Jimin feels fine with it, they had nothing to say.

It's been months since the talk and they are getting closer and bonded pretty well. But little did Jimin know, that something is coming his way, and it would send him back into a much much darker place. It was like any regular day, where the pair hung out after work with a couple of their friends. Jungkook seemed oddly quiet that night, he seemed to have something on his mind that is troubling him, and Jimin could tell.

On the way back to Jimin's house, Jimin tried to ask him what is on his mind. Jungkook kept quiet for a bit, before telling Jimin something, that would break Jimin. "Jimin-ah, I know this could sound selfish of me, but I don't think I could get over her for the moment, but I still want you, but..." Jimin stopped him, he can't hear what is about to come out of Jungkook, "I understand, I'll leave, be happy Jungkook. Because I know I am happy for the last couple of months, thank you". 

***************

The End