"Was it magical?"

"What was he doing with his hands? Were they on your waist? Or on your face?"

"How far did you get?"

They were grilling her, and she could feel her cheeks becoming as hot as a fire poker (and they weren't too far off in colour either). Every single query was torture, and yet she couldn't help but enjoy the reminisce of the events that day – the way Peter's lips had moved with her, how goosebumps had risen on her arms, how warm Peter's cheeks had been to hold. It was a damn good memory, and there wasn't a chance in hell she would ever forget it. But that didn't mean she was obligated to go through all the details with her friends.

"Guys, enough!"

All chatter and questioning within the group stopped, worried that they had gone too far. It wasn't too often that Jennifer raised her voice, and they knew damn well it meant she was exhausted of their behaviour. Or so they thought.

Much to the fives surprise, Jennifer giggled – like a four girl old girl when confronted with her crush. "I'm not telling you anything else, alright? We kissed, end of story. That's all you're getting."

Linda huffed from beside her, clearly not happy with the fact that she was getting no more information. "Alright, fine. We'll drop it."

"Thank you," Jennifer replied with an exaggerated smile and mock bow.

"Just one more question though," Linda squeezed in before a new conversation could start, causing the majority of the group to sigh. "Did you guys, y'know, do it?"

Before Linda could finish wiggling her eyebrows she received a harsh hit on the arm from Rebecca, who had had to live with the girls dirty suggestions for over six years now and was just about done with it. Jennifer, however, found her antics rather quite funny, especially after having gone months without hearing a single innuendo. It was quite a nice change from the PG house she had been confined to – not like that was torture or anything, it was just a bit tiring having to censor everything.

"Wait," Mary started, lines forming on her forehead as her eyebrows furrowed together. "How long have you been here? I thought you just got back?"

Doing her best to hide a gulp that was most definitely visible, Jennifer took a deep breath, trying to steady her all-over-the-place heartrate. She really wished she could avoid lying to her friends, but it wasn't exactly like they would be cool with the truth that she had never left in the first place. So hence came the partial truths. "Emm, well, we actually came back about a month after we moved. I just needed some time to readjust after that."

Ellie reached out from across the table, grabbing Jennifer's hand. She wanted answers, but she also wanted comfort. "Why didn't you call us? We could've helped you unpack or whatever. Anything you needed, we could've been there. We missed you."

As much as Jennifer wished there was some magic words that would make everyone feel great, there wasn't , but maybe that was just something she was going to have to learn to overcome. Disappointment wasn't something you could really be protected from, and Jennifer was about to be the bearer of bad news, made twice as difficult to say due to the fact that it wasn't exactly accurate. "I know, and I should've told you, but everything was so complicated. I didn't know if I was going to move somewhere else and I didn't want to give you hope just to take it away again.

Mary nodded, agreeing with her reasoning. "I suppose that makes sense. Just know that we're here for you, always."

Nodding in understanding, Jennifer allowed Gale to let go of her hand, a sombre silence falling over the group of six within seconds. No small talk in the world would bring a glimpse of a smile onto anyone's face. But there was something that could very much change that, and the idea was brought to them by Ellie.