Chapter 21 - A New Friend

Angelina's POV

I woke up. I saw Zeus peaceful sleeping next to me. I got out of bed quickly and went to take a shower. As I was in the shower I couldn't help but think about what today was. Its been 2 years since Hans' funeral and death.

I walked out the shower and went to my closet. I picked out a comfy outfit.

Outfit:

Today, I wanted to go and pay my respects by myself, and I wanted to go at a time where not many people would be there

Today, I wanted to go and pay my respects by myself, and I wanted to go at a time where not many people would be there. Today, I wanted to have time to grieve alone.

I walked over to my dresser and opened the bottom drawer. I pulled out a photo album and placed it on my bed before shutting the drawer once more. I got back into bed and leaned against my head board, with my covers over my legs.

The photo album was just a simple black colour. Normally people wouldn't think much of it. But what's on the inside is what's important. I opened it and on the first page in gold writing it said:

'its important to remember the past'
- Hans

I made this photo album in honor of Hans last year. I couldn't come to Minneapolis to visit his grave because I was competing. I was really sad that I couldn't so I decided to make this for him. Every single page was filled with a different photo with me and Hans.

The first photo in the album was Hans holding me as a baby in the hospital, the day I was born. The last photo in the album was of me and him 2 days before he passed. It took so long to complete this album. I had to dig up so many photos, but it was worth it.

I dragged my hand over the last photo in that album, with tears in my eyes. I missed him so much. Over the past 2 years, there were points where I really needed him. I wish he was still with us.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the front door of the house open. It was probably the others. All four of our families were really close with Hans and Jan, so they probably went to pay their respects too. They must've seen the team there, maybe even Jan and Coach Bombay.

~

I got ready to go to his grave.

Outfit