Chapter 3 - Unexpected Caller

Angelina's POV

It was currently mid July. Allie, Ezra, Alex and I were currently in Spain. My parents left me a villa in Barcelona so we decided to stay here for the summer.

I woke up to birds chirping. I got out of bed, walking towards the doors leading to the balcony connected to my room. The view was stunning as ever. I went back inside and got ready.

The Look:

~

We went shopping in the local market, we got a variety of fruit and other things. We then went to the beach, walking along the sand and joking around like we always do. We then got back to the villa at around lunch time.

For the rest of the day we decided to have a pool day. Its what we did most days. It's just something about watching the sunset from a pool with your friends with a cold, icy drink in hand that made me so happy. Spending time with the three idiots (I love them though) is just something so special.

I got in the pool, leaning against the side with a drink in hand.
"Lets make a toast." Ezra announced. We grabbed our drinks and raised them. "To us. To our friendship. To the dream team."
"To the dream team!" We repeated before we heard the sound of our glasses clashing together.

~

We continued to talk and mess around but we got interrupted. A phone rang from the table beside the pool. I got out quickly, dried my hands before picking it up. I answered it.
"Hello?" I asked, confused about who would be calling at this time.
"Hi Ange, you alright?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Coach Johnson! How are you! How's work at the Goodwill Games Committee?"
"Its good! But it is a lot to get used too. Anyways, even though I would love to catch up there is something more important. I've spoken to Allison and Ezra's coach about this already. I'm going to fly you, Alex, Ezra and Allison to Minneapolis."

When I heard the location my heart skipped a beat. "A very important person has requested a meeting with you four and I. I need you to be there in 2 days. Don't pack a lot. You won't be spending more than 2 days there."

I hesitated. "Ummm..." I uttered, as I saw my best friends coming and standing next to me.
"It is crucial that all four of you attend. It could be a huge step in your careers." Coach explained.
I paused. "We'll be there." I finally decided.
"Great, it's settled, see you then." Then Coach hung up.

I sighed and put down the phone. I faced the others.
"We're going to Minneapolis."

~

"Ughhhh." Was all Allie said the whole plane ride.
"Allison Rose Knight if you don't shut your god damn mouth I will murder you." Ezra yelled at her.
"I'll help." Alex and I added in unison.

Allie did end up going to sleep which was a reliever. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death but she literally drives me insane sometimes.

~

We landed. We got our stuff and the moment we walked out of the airport cameras started flashing. Paparazzi. This was a regular thing nowadays. As we became more well known, we did gain a lot of publicity. Everywhere we went we would get recognised by at least 5 people. But it's the most in the UK and America.

We made our way to the car as quickly as possible to escape the paparazzi. I really do hate talking to them, as they normally ask such personal questions, mostly about my dead parents. Alex shut the door of the car and all four of us exhaled loudly.

"I hate being famous sometimes." Alex grumbled.
"Preach." Ezra, Allie and I agreed.
"I wonder what this whole meeting will be about." Ezra said.
"Same." I simply replied, starting to fiddle with my fingers. All three of them realized I was on edge immediately.

"What's wrong?" They all asked.
I took a deep breath. "What if I end up seeing them again?"
"Ange don't worry. You won't. And if you do, we'll be right by your side. Nothing bad will happen." Alex reassured. All I did was nod, not wanting to continue the conversation about them any longer.

~

Connie's POV

Ken invited Dwayne, Julie, Dean, Averman, Goldberg and I to his house in San Francisco. We were currently eating breakfast in the living room.
"What do you think Junior Year is gonna be like?" Dwayne asked, starting a conversation.
"No clue, I just hope that the others don't cause us any trouble." Ken said.

We all nodded in agreement. I turned to look at the TV which had the sound switched off. I saw a very familiar face. Julie saw the same as me, so she told Averman to turn the TV up.

"Yesterday morning paparazzi spotted track champions Allison Knight and Ezra Foreman along with hockey superstars Angelina Sparks and Alex Dalton leaving St Paul International Airport."

"Just when we're out of state we find out she's there." Goldberg said, raising his hands up in the air, clearly annoyed.

We all wish we could see her in person again. But obviously, fate hasn't allowed it for the past year and a bit.

~

Angelina's POV

Coach Johnson let us stay at her house in Minneapolis. She met us there the moment we arrived. We were currently on the way to her office here in Minneapolis. That was where the 'very important' meeting will take place. We were all still very confused because Coach still hasn't told us anything about this.

We got out of the car and walked straight into the building, with Coach leading the way. We entered and she gestured for us to sit down.
"Coach who are we meeting?" I asked.
"Why haven't you told us anything?" Alex added.
"You'll find out soon." Was all she said.

~

Around 5 minutes later we heard a knock on the door. Coach yelled for them to come in. The door opened.
"Its a pleasure to see you Mr. Buckley."

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 3! Hope you enjoyed!
-author