Chapter 8 - "Traitor"

Angelina's POV

I stood infront of the doors of the library. I pushed the doors open and entered. I remembered this place perfectly, nothing had changed. I walked over to a shelf close to me and began searching for a new book.

~

This library was huge and it does take a while to find something you like. I picked out about 3 books I found interesting and I began to walk over to a table. As I was walking, someone bumped into me, making all of our books fall out of both our hands and on the floor.
"I'm sorry-" I was about to say.
The boy interrupted. "No need. It was my fault."

He picked up my books and gave then to me, then he picked up his. I gave him a nod, before sitting down at a table near by. A couple of moments later the boy came up to me.
"Do you mind if I sit hear. Everywhere else is taken." He asked.
I looked around and saw that every table was actually taken. I looked back at him.

"Knock yourself out." I replied, before looking down at my book again.
He sat opposite me, pulling out 2 note books and a binder from his bag. He opened a textbook he dropped earlier and began to take notes. We sat in silence for a some time before I looked over at one of his closed note books.

I saw his name on the front, 'Lucas Holland'. Where do I know that name from? I took a glance at his binder and saw some hockey stickers. Then I realised who he was.
"You're Scott Holland's younger brother. Scooter, the old goalie for the old Varsity Team." I stated.

He laughed slightly. "Yeah, that's me." He then looked at me. "And you're Angelina Sparks. One of the best young hockey players in the world."
"Yeah that's me." I answered.
"Didn't you come to this school?" He asked.

"Yeah I did." I said, coldly.
He took notice in my change of emotion. "Sorry I didn't mean to offend you-"
"No, no, it's okay. You didn't offend me." I said. We both paused for a moment.
"So, are you on the hockey team?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I'm a defenseman for the team." He replied.
"Oh, nice." I simply said, knowing what team he was on. I saw him sitting with Charlie and those guys in English.
He went to say something but the bell rang. I got up and returned my books to the shelf they were on before.

I noticed that as I was walking out he was right behind me. I walked out of the library.
"See you around Sparks." Lucas waved with a smile.
"Bye Holland." I said, walking off to my next class, Biology.

~

I walked into class, sat down and took my things out. I opened my note book, turned to the last page, and began to doodle on it. As I was minding my own business I saw the boy in front of me turn around to face me. I looked at him.
"Nice to meet you hot stuff. You're really pretty, can I take you out?" He asked.

"No." I said, abruptly.
"Sorry, let me introduce myself. I'm Ben Cole. Can I take you out?" He said.
I recognised his name too.
"You're Chris Cole's younger brother." I stated.
"Its nice to know that you know who I am. Now I want to get to know you." He said, putting emphasis on the word 'you'.

"You see, Cole. Your brother and I didn't really get along. In fact, we never got along. We hated each other. So what makes you think I would like you?" I questioned, wittily.
He kept on going. "Well you'll see, there are many things to like about me. How about we go to my house after school?"

He gave me a wink, making me want to throw up.
"No." I said, again.
He scoffed. "Whatever, loser. You were ugly anyway."
"Keep telling yourself that." I answered back.
He's just like his brother.

The teacher walked in and he began his lesson. Let's just say, I sat in boredom for 45 minutes.

~

I walked into my last period before lunch. I was exhausted. I had Physics.
I walked into the classroom and was immediately greeted by my old physics teacher that I had in freshmen year.

"Well I didn't think I would see you again, trouble maker." She joked.
I smiled "Hi Ms Anderson. Its nice to see you."
"Its nice to see you too! Now take a seat, class will start shortly."

Surprisingly, for a physics teacher, she was so nice and one of my favourites. I sat down in my seat and took a notebook and a pen out. I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I turned around to see who it was.

"Hello there." The boy said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and went to turn away.
"Not really the friendly type are you? I can change that." He said in a cocky tone, making me turn to face him again.
He looked familiar and acted like someone I knew. After a few seconds I figured out who I was looking at.

"Riley." I snarled.
"Woah, how do you know my name sweetie?" He questioned.
Every time Rick Riley would call me 'sweetie' my blood would boil, and I was getting the same exact reaction when his brother did.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "I knew your brother, that's how I recognised you. You two have a lot in common."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Is that so? Well, what do we have in common, may I ask?"
"Well let's see, you're both dickheads." I snarled again, before turning away from him.
The moment I turned to the front I saw three boys walk in. They were Russ, Fulton and Charlie.

As they walked past me, Charlie looked at me and glared.
"Traitor." He spat.
Fulton and Russ followed behind him, also glaring at me.
I couldn't help but feel hurt by Charlie's words. I mean, I'm not surprised that they think that after what happened, but they were still my best friends.

I sighed, with no choice other than to sit in silence and try to ignore the glares some of my old teammates were shooting at me from behind.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 8! Hope you enjoyed!
-author