46 | The Surprising Surrender

Start from the beginning

Sin-Ni had never ever said anything like that in her life, ever. She stumbled backward, clutching onto her sword as if her life depended on it. "Get away from me!"

"Look, I don't want to do this too, you know," he said, with a smile that screamed 'I-totally-want-to-do-this', "but this is an order from the big man Gazini himself. I, no, we gotta do it."

"I said, get away from me," Sin-Ni repeated, her voice rising with her weapon.

"Ah, I don't want to be fighting a small girl like you." Zi-Han shook his head as he advanced further. "Don't make this harder for me, Sin-Sin. Let's each do our part, have a good time, and then we can leave each other alone forever, okay?"

Sin-Ni turned her attention back to the indifferent man at the door. "You're just going to allow this to happen?"

The Masked Ninja still refused to look at them. The fury inside her climbed all the way to her head, and she felt her eyes burning with tears. All these people are the same! The same, disgusting pigs!

For the first time ever, she struck first.

Her sword met another sharp blade; they rebounded with a loud 'clang'. In that short moment, Zi-Han had whipped out his wristwatch and transformed it into a rapier just in time. Sin-Ni had not expected this ability from him, and neither did he expect that from her, it seemed.

"Wow, look who has been training." He glanced at the Masked Ninja behind him, his tone bitter and accusatory. "I didn't know you've been teaching her."

"Shut the hell up, Zi-Han. Concentrate on me because you'll need it!" Sin-Ni yelled before going for another strike.

It was obvious that the Masked Ninja had trained Zi-Han—he fought just like him, relentless, forceful, unwavering, like a storm of winds. But he was not even half as good as his teacher. He showed signs of distress immediately as if he had not at all expected Sin-Ni to be parrying any of his attacks. When she tossed out an extra pebble to fight, he became visibly flustered.

"What the fuck! You! Little! Bitch!" he yelled, slashing at each of the advancing blades with every sentence. After a few enraged hackings, he managed to break the flying pebble-sword into pieces.

Sin-Ni continued on, unfazed. An opening showed up soon after, and she went for it mercilessly, landing a large gash on Zi-Han, right down the middle of his torso.

He screamed in agony, dropping his sword to the floor. The joy of success blinded Sin-Ni momentarily, and she did not see his fist flying towards her. A hard punch met her face and she crumpled to the floor.

The two of them were now on the ground, their swords scattered away from them.

Wiping the blood from her mouth, Sin-Ni pushed herself up. Zi-Han was extending his hand out to summon his sword to him. So he could do telekinesis too. Sin-Ni had felt the sword graze against her skin, so she decided to do the same.

Anything he could do, she was going to do it better.

The metal blade rose into the air, wavered a little bit—and flew to Sin-Ni's hand.

Zi-Han's expression fell. "What the hell?"

"Oh, that's too bad for you." A smile crept into Sin-Ni's face.

With a wave of her hand, she transformed a few more pebbles from her pocket into tiny daggers. With another wave, they pulled Zi-Han up by the shirt and anchored him onto the wall.

She could not help but laugh. She beat him. He couldn't hurt her anymore.

Zi-Han, pinned to the wall, flushed and went into a frenzy. "What the fuck? How is she so good? How is her magic better than me? That's my weapon and she controlled it! I used that weapon for years! Years!"