Before you Read: A Wonderful Week

After watching the highly emotional and depressing anime, Your Lie in April, I, too, wanted to write something emotional and depressing. That became A Wonderful Week.

The story was situated around a couple of kids in late high school, in a small town in the UK. This was before I started to experiment with fictional, comedic place names. 

I've felt some familiarity with these couple of kids, and I personally feel like I've written this story of an ideal I wanted to have when I grew up. That might sound crazy—depressing and emotional, an ideal childhood? But I don't think that was what I was after; I wanted the story to receive a good ending. Anyway.

Fun fact: At first, I wanted to experiment with writing my first story in a third-person perspective, as it would switch the narrative between many characters through chapters. Then, I switched it back to the first-person perspective as I felt it was more my style. But then, once more, I switched it back. 

After A Wonderful Week, I began to write all my stories in the first-person perspective again. But rereading this kinda wants me to go back and try the third-person perspective again. 

Anyway, happy reading!