Adventures in training 12 year old Trystan; Stranded (Part 1/2)

(Created the chibi through charat.me, highkey finding that site was a life saver for this chapter cuz I had no idea what to put as the cover. I made the skin a little too light but I always have this problem, even with my white characters 😂)

[To anyone who isn't familiar with Trystan outside of this book; This is the canon version of Trystan. Auron met him when he was seven years old and decided to start training him, taking him under his wing. Trystan still views him like his own father and Auron is still protective over him, but Trystan doesn't refer to him as his dad at this age, only as Auron]

"I get to go with you to space?!" Trystan exclaimed happily, having just been informed of the development in his training.
"Yup. You need to learn how to fight under many different circumstances, the best way to show you these different circumstances is to travel through space for a short while. I already spoke to your principal and he's fine with you missing school for a while," Auron replied as he had his hands on his hips.
"When do we leave?
"As soon as you finish packing," Auron replied and without another word, Trystan ran up the stairs to the room the Class lent him whenever he wanted to avoid sleeping at the orphanage.
"Don't you think it's a little too early to take him into space? He's not even a teenager yet," Derek commented as he watched Trystan run to his room.
"Oh I'm sorry are you his teacher? No? Didn't think so. Besides, he's been training under me for five years, he's exceeded my expectations and can probably handle this as well," Auron replied as he crossed his arms.
"And if he can't handle it?"
"That's why I'll be with him the whole time, even if he can't handle it I'll be there to back him up."

"I'm ready Auron!" Trystan exclaimed happily as his bag was filled with only essential items like Auron had taught him.
"Good, now just to be sure, Naminé c-"
"Yes I can handle the Class for a week, and yes I know how to get in contact with you if something big is going down, now hurry up before he dies of anticipation," Naminé replied with a smile before kissing him on the cheek.
"Am I only worth a small kiss on the cheek?" Auron replied with a smirk, causing Beth to fake gag.
"Don't you two dare start procrastinating by flirting or I'll throw the kid in space myself," Beth complained, tapping her foot impatiently as she wanted Trystan out as soon as possible to enjoy a week long vacation away from the child.
"Alright alright point taken Beth," Naminé sighed and as she was about to open her mouth again, Auron cut her off with a kiss.
"See you next week, stay safe," Auron spoke with a smile after he pulled away.
"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?"
"Trystan and I won't be flying into any actual danger, we'll just fly somewhere with a different atmosphere to train," He replied reassuringly before noticing Trystan bouncing up and down.
"Love you," Auron spoke with a smile before giving one last quick kiss, then walking over to Trystan.

As they took off into space, Trystan looked like he was overwhelmed with excitement, staring up at the stars.
"Woah! It's all so pretty! Are we gonna be fighting bad guys at all?" Trystan asked curiously, to which Auron shook his head side to side.
"There's a possibility but the chances of us running into any actual danger is slim."
"That's what you said last time we went on a trip."
"To be fair, I didn't think Rylan would show up in Disney World when he hates anything joyful," Auron replied with a smirk on his face, remembering how he forced Rylan to experience 'It's a small world' over and over by tying him up.

Trystan looked back out at the stars, his eyes practically sparkling as he looked out at them.
"I wonder if my mom would wanna come see the stars with us one day," Trystan spoke up, causing Auron to awkwardly look away from him.
"Yeahhhhh, I'm not sure if she would," Auron replied, causing Trystan to look confused.
"Why not?"
"Well, you have to consider that for the past five years we've never gotten along, especially when the topic was about your safety. I'm not sure if she'd even be happy with the idea of you going to space, she almost attempted to kill me just for taking you out of the state to go to Disney World," Auron spoke up as he continued to steer the shuttle on their course.
"Well, maybe one day when I'm an adult she'll be less overbearing. Maybe when I'm older, the fact that you two care about me will make it easier for you both to talk," Trystan spoke hopefully with a smile as he turned to Auron, causing Auron to sigh in response, putting on a small smile for Trystan.
"Yeah, maybe."