CHAPTER 13

Kat, Rey, and Arlo were waiting for us at Ember's apartment – gathered on the balcony, drinks on the table. Ember didn't seem to be surprised. I wondered how it worked here with the 'privacy' thing – anyone could turn up unannounced, didn't need a key. No cell-phones either. Maybe they send each other telepathic text-messages. But then what do you do if you don't want to talk to someone? I mean, you can't exactly not pick-up!

"How did your business-trip to the seventh dimension go?" I asked as we joined them.

"It was fine," said Kat, "but we can talk about that another time. What we need to talk about now is your training."

"For your trip into the Void," Rey clarified.

"So what have you got planned for me – scary or fun?"

"A bit of both," Kat said. "Arlo has a selection of recorded memories from people who have been into the Void and returned. He will share them with you. That may be a little scary."

What he meant by 'sharing', is that Arlo would transfer the memories telepathically straight into my own mind – giving me a hyper-realistic experience of being 'right in the midst of the action'. Yeah, sounded pretty scary.

"It's important to be prepared for some of the things you may be confronted with," Arlo explained. "Remember, the Void is filled with the manifested fears and imaginings of those trapped there, and that means you'll be dealing with the creations of their collective psyche, as well as that of your own. The Durge, in the way you have already experienced them, will not be the only danger you encounter."

"Thanks for the warning," I said.

Kat continued – "I'll be taking you to see the Alcemidd. He can seem a little scary...

(I heard Arlo give a little giggle.)

... but he's really okay. He's the custodian of the Mirror, which is a direct gateway into the Void. He's prepared to allow its use, but he wants to meet you first.

(Why? I thought. To see if I'm worthy... or maybe just suicidal?)

Ember will be giving you a crash-course in Frequency Module Assimilation...

(In what?)

...and Rey has something lined up for you which will definitely be fun."

"But that's a surprise," Rey said.

"Well – sounds like you all have my work cut out for me. But we've been busy too, haven't we Ember?"

"We certainly have," she said. "It seems Taylor is a Very-Important-Person."

We told them about our 'watcher' encounter on the boat, and my meeting with the Agency. And then about my dream, and our trip to the Earth plane.

"Important indeed!" Kat said. But he sounded troubled when he said it.

"Does this worry you?" I asked.

"No... not worry... it's just... I didn't expect your presence in the Astral to have garnered such wide attention. The Durge are the only thing I did expect, to tell the truth – at least since I learned you are actually in a coma. The interest from your Government and Military is something I couldn't have foreseen – having no insight into the political theatre of humans – though it doesn't surprise me, third-dimensional beings in general nearly always want to control everything new they discover. It's unfortunate that in some parties curiosity and pursuit of knowledge is too often overtaken by desire for power and the jealousy and paranoia that accompanies it. Though that too is to be expected – nowhere are the polarities of existence more closely intertwined than on the third dimension... there, everything has a double edge. But it's your dream that intrigues me the most. Not because of its content – that could be merely a manifestation of your concern for your family – but because of the Watchers you saw in the woods, and your vision of the woman. The Watchers, I suspect, are higher-dimensional – though whether they're benevolent or hostile I can't say. The woman, I would guess from your description, is most likely Pleiadian, and most definitely benevolent. Seems you have friends in very high places Taylor."

"And enemies in low places." I reminded him.

"Well, you wanted adventure."

"I did!" (Be careful what you wish for...)

"I just hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew."

"I have strong teeth."

"And I still have your back my friend," he said. "However, as your friend, and your guide, I think you need to tread carefully, especially with this Agency. But I'm sure you're already aware of that."

"I am, and that means I have to pay them another visit. I want to know why they're watching my family and my body. If it is just protocol, or something more serious."

"I would be very interested to go with you," Kat said. Rey looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Sure, why not!" I said. "Give them a surprise – keep them on their toes – let them know they don't necessarily have the upper hand, and that we may have them under surveillance. Could be fun. But can you get there – isn't it too low a frequency for you?"

"Ember can help me."

Ember nodded in accordance.

"Okay, let's do it."

We sat in a circle – me, Kat and Ember – linking hands. I was to tune in to the Agency lab. Kat was to tune to my frequency. Ember would facilitate the jump.

"Nervous?" I said to Kat.

"A little. It's a new experience for me. I've never been to the Earth plane before."

"Just one word of warning – don't drink the coffee. It's disgusting!"

Author note

I've heard from other astral travelers of 'watchers'. One even said he approached them and they said they were there to recruit him, for real. Haven't met any myself. Maybe I'm not being watched... yet!

Don't forget to like if you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks.

Levi.