Chapter 16

Elizabeth had made her choice, and Eli wanted no part of it. Not that she would've ever been a part of it, her mother, a term which she had been using lightly, had chosen Robbie. Eli hated her, she wished she was first choice, but no, it was Robbie. So she was sitting at her old dining room table, in a itchy dress, listening to Robbie talk about the changes he was going to make to the house. "Eli's room will be turned into a nursery-".

Eli looked at Delilah, who quickly dropped her cutlery, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Liz, but I'm not feeling to good. I'm gonna take Eli and go".

Elizabeth opened her mouth to argue but the two were already up and out of their chairs, "Bye, Elizabeth!"

Elizabeth's mouth dropped open in hurt when Eli called out over her shoulder. She had officially lost her daughter.

Eli twiddled her thumbs as she waited for her maths teacher to let them start work, Penny leaned over her desk, "Why can't we start working?"

Lucas leaned forwards, "Because she's a grumpy bitch who-".

"Shut up, she's looking", Eli murmured, "Fuckhead".

Lucas frowned and opened his book when instructed, "Who took a shit in your Cheerios?"

"Ha. Ha. Funny guy", Eli mocked as she wrote down the equation on the board, "Shut up and let me work".

Penny looked at Lucas, "She's gonna hit you if you don't leave her alone".

"I'll deck both of you in a minute".

"Five, four, three, two, one", Lucas muttered.

On queue the bell rang and everyone started packing their things, "She spent a whole lesson explaining our multiplication tables", Penny sighed, "Stupid cow".

Eli scoffed and shoved her things in her locker as soon as they reached it, "Don't complain, we didn't do shit that lesson".

"That's why I'm complaining-".

"Penny, it's maths", Lucas sighed, "Chill out and eat your lunch".

Their lockers were all next to each others, so they grabbed their things and made their way to the football pitch, Eli swung herself into a tree while Penny and Lucas sat at the base of it, "How was dinner?" 

She glared at Lucas, who had a knowing smile on his face, "Shit, Robbie's turning my room into a nursery, so we left pretty quick".

Penny winced, "Ooh".

"Mhm, I blocked her last night, only way she can contact me is through 'Lilah", Eli said, "New topic".

The trio avoided the topic like it was poison, opting for the newest scandals in school. Apart from Eli getting stuck in the tree, the day was good, one of the best in ages.