Chapter 11

Eli sat down, face crumpling in confusion at the look on Penny and Lucas' faces, "What?"

The two were glaring daggers at Kelsey Patrick's table, "We gotta break up 'cus I'm moving next year,  and it's too hard now you've moved out. Honestly what a dick", Penny said.

"Couldn't have just said he wanted to get with that mole rat", Lucas spat.

Eli looked over her shoulder at the table in question and felt tears prick her eyes at the sight of Thomas and Kelsey sitting next to each other, flirting. She stood up and rushed out of the lunchroom, she ran to the art classroom where she had a half-finished project. Oil paints were being thrown onto the canvas, colours painting limbs and a head of hair. She looked back at it and smiled, it was finished, a girl curled up in a ball with a grey background. Different hues of red, orange, and pink became hair, colors of all types became legs and arms. Eli smiled proudly as the bell rang.

She threw her bag on the floor of her room, desperate for a shower, paint stained her skin, "Hey, kiddo!"

She jumped at the voice, "Hey, dad. What are you doing here?"

"My weekend", Boyd said as he leaned on the door frame.

"Oh, Tatiana said-".

"Tatiana isn't your mother. She'll be there tonight, be nice", he snapped.

Eli recoiled, "Uh, I'm going to shower and then I'll pack", she smiled softly before backing into her bathroom.

When Eli exited the bathroom she saw things had been turned upside down, thrown around the room, "Dad?"

No response, she continued to look around her room, her little box of memorabilia her mother and Delilah had given her has gone. "Asshole", she said as she ran downstairs.

She grabbed the keys off the hook and a pair of shoes, her hair was wet and she was in a pair of sweat pants and a sports bra, the shoes weren't even hers. The teen jumped into Delilah's car, she had grabbed a ride with a co-worker this morning. Eli ended up reaching the house before her dad did, instead of going down the main road she chose to drive through side streets, there were less cars backed up.  Eli hopped out and marched to the front door, she banged her fists against it. 

Her step-mother opened it up and tried to close it when she saw the livid teen, Eli bowled straight through and marched to her room. In a hurry she grabbed a couple of old bags and shoved as many things as possible in there. As she made her way downstairs she ran into Boyd, "Give me my things".

He blanched and glanced at the bags on her shoulders, glancing down and the small box in his hands. The blonde snatched it from him and hissed out through gritted teeth, "I'm never coming here again. Don't you dare try to contact me, not that you would though. Just pretend I'm mum when she was pregnant then it should be easy".

Boyd's jaw went slack as she watched his daughter storm out his house, "Eli-".

"Fuck off. How dare you! That is my room, my things, you have no right whatsoever!"

She said as she unloaded her things into the car, "You don't understand. I wanted to know more about what you were like-".

"Then grow some damn balls and contact either Delilah or my mother. I have a thing called privacy, and you should have a things called human decency", she snapped as she slammed the back door.

Boyd tried to speak but she climbed in the car and sped off, not bothering with her seat belt. Tears pricked at her eyes, she wiped them away with the back of her hand as they fell. 

If only she knew what would happen. She would've pulled over and called someone to come and get her. She would've put her seat belt on, she would've never tried to drive down a highway when her vision was impaired.