Chapter 4

Eli looks the same as the last chapter

November 10th 2017- age 12

Eli and Delilah sat on the living room floor, "No Aunt Delilah, I wanted that one!".

"To bad so sad, just don't flip the board this time, I think we're still missing some pieces".

Delilah and Eli sat in the huge living room playing Monopoly to pass time until Elizabeth got home.

"Did we make sure Buttercup, Scarlet, and Marvel didn't eat them".

"Me and your mom were checking dog poop for weeks, nobody ate them".

A loud bang rang through the house, "Buttercup that's the third time this morning, there's a door there silly".

The golden retriever yipped and started running around, "I was fine with the English bulldog and the pug, Pomeranian cross, but the golden retriever is driving me mad".

"Don't bully Buttercup, she's a little baby, aren't you girl? Yes you are, yes you are".

"I'll pack up then and we can watch a movie while we wait for your mom".

Eli nodded as she jumped on the couch, three now tired puppies following, Buttercup, the golden retriever jumped up behind her legs and started snoring fairly soon, Scarlet, the English bulldog, crawled up the front with the last dog, Marvel, the pug-Pomeranian cross behind, Eli scratched Marvel and Scarlet, waiting for Delilah to come back, who no matter how much she denies it, loved Buttercup and would play with her all day.

Elizabeth opened the door two hours later, to find a random movie playing and Eli, Delilah, and the dogs curled up together, asleep. "You can come in, leave your stuff in the car. If Eli doesn't feel comfortable with you in the house then you gotta go".

The man nodded and wandered in behind Elizabeth, smiling fondly as she walked around the couch to pause the movie and turn off the TV. She brushed hair out of Eli's eyes and kissed her forehead before grabbing a blanket off the couch and throwing it over Eli and Delilah, who she also kissed on the forehead, "C'mon puppies, outside", she whispered as she opened the door and clapped softly.

Three dogs trotted sleepily to her, Elizabeth picked up a ball and threw it across the yard, making them bolt after it. "I'll make dinner, my room is upstairs, second door to the left, there's a TV there".

"Baby girl, time to get up, dinner's ready", Elizabeth gently shook Eli before flicking Delilah on the forehead, "Wake up time, Delilah!".

"Fuck off".

"Food".

Delilah rubbed her eyes as Eli yawned, "Mama!".

She threw herself at Elizabeth, the blanket falling to the floor, "Hey kiddo, you missed me huh?".

"Aunt Delilah stole my Monopoly property".

"No".

She nodded, "What's for dinner".

"Pasta".

"Is it the infamous Barney pasta?", Delilah asked.

"Let it go".

"Never, it's my story for your 21st".

"Shut up and go to the table".

"So Robbie, how did you and Liz meet?", Delilah asked as Eli glared at her mom.

"Answer that later, mom, what's up with the Barney pasta?".

"You love Barney, figured I'd make Barney pasta when you meet my boyfriend".

Delilah chocked as Eli's eyes widened, "I liked Barney when I was two, and Aunt Lilah?".

"What?".

"Thomas' house, can I go?".

"Meet Robbie a little better".

"It's okay, I understand, we can talk later", Robbie answered.

"No it's not, Elillia, sit down and finish your food. Delilah drink some fucking water".

"But mom-".

"You can see Thomas tomorrow at school".

"But-".

"Eat now".

Delilah stood up with her plate in hand, "I'm cleaning this up and going to bed, love you Liz, love you Eli".

Eli stood to get up, "Two more bites".

She shovelled the food in her mouth before running to the kitchen, "Nice meeting you Robbie, night mom".

Eli ran upstairs and to Delilah's room requesting that since her mother was having a sleepover that they would have one too. And who was Delilah to deny that.