Chapter 13

Eli heard flashes of conversations during her sleep, but she only remembered two. One was Delilah and her mother, reading her stories together like the did when she was a child. Another was her father attempting to enter the room, only to be barred entry from nurses, they claimed her mother had demanded he wasn't to be let in. It took three days for Eli to finally open her eyes, the first thing she saw when her vision cleared was her mother's eyes staring worriedly at her, "Elillia Ashley", Elizabeth cried as tears began to form. "The hell were you thinking. Now seatbelt-".

"Jeez, Liz, let the poor girl process things first", Delilah said as she ran a hand over Eli's hair softly, "Water?"

Delilah held up a cup with a straw and placed it to Eli's lips, the teen drunk greedily, "You had both impact and penetration injuries. Glass cut you when you went through the windshield and the impact, you hit a lot of things, kid. Lucky you only got a concussion, however the exterior of your pretty face, bruises, cuts, bleeding, couple stiches on your cheeks. Moving on, whiplash and a couple broken ribs, lucky you they suck balls. Broken femur, dislocated shoulder, fractured ankle and wrist. Arm's been put in a cast and a sling on your right, and your left leg has a cast, right leg has a buttload of cuts from the glass", Delilah recited off by heart as she placed the cup down, "I don't care if you don't want a life lesson right now. Seatbelt is on before you even think of driving", Delilah ordered.

"Better yet. If you are crying, or anywhere near the state you were when you left your dad's, you get picked up", Elizabeth added as a nurse walked in.

"Oh, you're awake!"

Eli nodded but winced, "Told you about the whiplash", Delilah muttered.

"How ya' feelin'?"

Eli glanced at the nurse before saying, "Shit", her voice was scratchy and unrecognisable.

"Understandable, by the sounds of it you've been given a run down on your injuries?"

"Yep".

"You've got a good family kid. But it could've been less disastrous if you had your seatbelt on", the nurse tutted as she checked Eli's vitals, "We're gonna keep you 'till the weekend as a precaution".

The weekend dragged by slowly, Boyd had come by twice only to leave once Delilah and Adam had cussed him out. Elizabeth hadn't come back since she left when Eli woke up, something about Robbie needing her for something, but now Delilah was pushing her out of the hospital doors in a wheelchair. "You have the guest room downstairs, and you're not going to school for at least a week".

Eli nodded as they reached the car, "Is mom gonna visit?"

The siblings shared a look, both knowing Robbie had stirred up a fight when Elizabeth got back from the hospital and now she wouldn't see Eli in fear of another one. "Dunno", Adam said as he lifted Eli out of the chair and into his arms.

Delilah opened the door and helped her brother haul the teenager into the car and buckle her in. Adam hopped into the car as Delilah went to return the wheelchair, "Can we get Dairy Queen?"

"I think 'Lilah will do anything to make sure you're happy and not in pain at this point", he answered.

Eli was currently on the couch, Dairy Queen in hand, watching Spongebob, "Mom's not gonna visit, is she?"

Delilah looked up from the kitchen counter, "I don't know, hun".

"Robbie made a fight out of it?"

"I'm sorry, bubs", she walked over and grabbed the empty cup before walking back and throwing it out, "Focus on Spongebob".