Ian tensed and I swallowed, having a hard time controlling my own emotions.

"What do you want Mr. Barnes?" Ian hissed.

Mr. Barnes's lips twitched into a wide grin. "That's the question I've been wanting you to ask Mr. Kingston"

Ian didn't reply so Mr. Barnes leaned forward in his seat, a malicious smirk playing in his lips. "Beg"

My eyes widened.

"What?" Ian asked incredulously.

"Beg. Lower your head and beg"

Ian's eyes darkened with rage, his fists clenching so hard that his knuckles turned white.

Mr. Barnes let out a bitter laugh. "Please Mr. Kingston, now don't tell me you're going to loose such an important deal because of your stubbornness. Didn't you push me for years over this? Are you going to let go of all that hard work because of your attitude? Isn't that a bit foolish? Even for you"

I couldn't bear it. I couldn't. If I have to get on my knees to make him sign it, I would.

I moved to stand up but Ian suddenly clasped my wrists, pulling me back down.

Mr. Barnes's gaze flickered to me. "Oh isn't this the infamous future Mrs. Kingston. Would you like to beg instead of your fiancé?"

"No" Ian snapped. "I'll do it"

My eyes widened and I looked at him in disbelief.

Mr. Barnes's lips curled into a lop sided grin and his secretary and PA were also grinning beside him. I inhaled sharply. They were laughing at him, they were humiliating him, they were mocking him.

I glanced at Ian again and saw him slowly lowering his head.

No no no

My eyes burned.

My throat constricted.

I can't bear this. I can't. I can't watch this. I need to go. I did this. I did all of this.

I suddenly lurched to my feet and Ian's gaze went to me, eyes wide with shock. But I ignored him. "Ex-excuse me" Then I sprinted out the door.

I ran and ran until I found a bathroom at the end of the hall. There was no one inside so I closed the door and quickly braced my hands on the sink as my body shuddered with sobs.

I did this. I hired Emma. I threw her at him. I didn't fire her either on the day she slapped him. I just watched her hurt him. I just watched! And now I caused him humiliation. I made him a laughing stock.

Hot tears slid down my eyes as my heart shattered in agony. Unbearable pain tore right through me till I felt like I couldn't breath anymore.

I did this. I did all of this. I hurt him. I humiliated him.

"Hailey" I heard a panic voice called out to me but I shut it out.

I was the worst of all. I was just like how Ian described me on the first day he called me to his office room. Selfish, arrogant and inconsiderate. I was just that.

The door suddenly threw open and Ian stood outside, his eyes wide with panic, breathing ragged.

His gaze fell upon me, on my tear stained face. "Hailey are you- are you crying?" His voice cracked.

I looked away from him, unable to meet his worried gaze.

He quickly came to me and pulled me to his chest. "Oh Hailey please don't cry. Please don't cry" He begged. "Please don't" But I couldn't stop it, I continued to cry to his chest, holding on to him for dear life.