Chapter 34

"So is he mad at you?" Lexi asked.

"No we're good" I smiled, recalling last night's memories as I made photocopies of some documents in the copier room.

"That fast? What did you do? Angry sex?"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't have sex with him"

"Then how?"

"That's a top secret" I teased her.

Lexi scoffed. "Are you serious right now? Tell me" She narrowed her eyes. "you did have sex with him didn't you?"

"If you don't believe me, why would I even bother telling you?"

"Whatever" Lexi grumbled.

"So what's gonna happen to Emma now?" Brian asked, leaning against the wall with his arms folded across his chest.

I sighed. "I don't know"

"I think she's a thief" He said. "Why else would she be in your room?" Lexi nodded in agreement.

I told my friends about what happened yesterday but not about the photo. It was Ian's privacy and not mine to go around telling.

"I don't know about that either"

"Did she come to work today?"

Reluctantly I nodded, averting my gaze.

Emma's violent behaviour yesterday came flashing to my mind. And how she invaded his privacy, I didn't like it at all. Since that incident only one thought circulated in my mind but I needed my friends counsel before taking any decision. I swallowed.  "Should I just umm...should I just give her the money and fire her?"

"No" They both said simultaneously and I looked up at them. Brian heaved a sigh. "Don't think about such ridiculous things Hailey. You need her. If you don't make Mr. Kingston fall for her, you'd be stuck with him forever and none of us want you to be with a man you don't like. I mean, if you like him we would support you but apparently you don't" He gave a shrug.

I stayed silent to that and continued  photocopying the documents.

"Guys, Ashley wants the documents soon" Lexi said reading a text message on her phone. "You done Hailey?"

"Yeah wait. I got one left" I photocopied the last of it and bind them all together. I gave the original files to Brian and took the photocopied bundle to my hand before leaving the room.

As we were walking, Brian ran into a girl and the files in his hands fell down, it's contents falling in all directions.

"Oh shit I'm sorry" A girl in a red suit and raven black hair apologised.

"It's alright" Brian glanced up and he sucked in his breath, his face reddening.

The girl stared at him for a long moment, blinking in shock and then a small devious smirk curled in her lips. "Oh it's you. Mr. Big dick"

Lexi and I both exchanged puzzled glances. My gaze fell on her ID hanging around her neck and I saw that she was a reporter.

"You remember me?" The girl asked leaning towards him.

"Y-yes" Brian stammered, blushing furiously.

The girl grinned. "Good and I guess you have something to ask. Don't be shy. I'll be here all day"

Brian stared at her until his entire face was red as an apple.

"Go on"

Brian pouted, contemplating about it then took a deep breath, mustering up all the courage he had before blurting out. "Why didn't you wait till I wake up?"