Chapter 23

"W-what?" I stuttered in shock. "B-but you said you don't do love"

"Exactly" Ian casually shrugged.

"So you're giving me an impossible task?" I shot up to my feet in disbelief. "That's cheating"

Ian folded his arms across his chest and raised a brow at me. "This is not a game to cheat. You asked for a way out and this is the way out"

I opened my mouth to argue but then closed it back again as anger thrummed through my veins, fury raging in my eyes. Ian fucking Kingston tricked me. He gave me false hope. Now, I should not surrender to him. If this was the way out then I will take it.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. "Fine" I said in an unwavering tone, looking directly into his eyes. "Challenge accepted. I will make you fall in love with another woman. Give me six months"

Ian smiled, amusement glinting in his eyes. "Fine, but-" He stood up and took a step towards me. "If I were to fall in love with a woman" He tilted my chin up with his finger. "That would be you"

My eyes widened and Ian's lips twisted into a smirk. "So good luck with your challenge"

Then he turned on his heel and walked away leaving me short of breath.

"Oh my god" I gasped for air and slowly sat down on the couch, barely able to move my limbs. "Is he crazy?" I fanned myself with my hand, feeling suddenly sweaty. "That was-" I shook my head in dismay. "I gotta call Lexi"

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialled her number.

"Hello" She answered.

"Lexi where are you?"

"We're still in San Francisco, on our way to the airport"

"When will you be here?"

"At about 6"

"Good" I nodded. "I have to go somewhere tonight. Come with me"

"Where?"

I inhaled sharply, bracing myself for my next words. "To find Ian Kingston a bride"

The other end went silent. Then after a several seconds came Lexi's confused tone. "I'm sorry, what? I think I heard you wrong"

"No, you heard it right. Ian told me he would let me go if I make him fall in love with another woman. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to find him another woman. That's my only way out of this engagement"

Lexi was silent again. "So..." She said after a pause. "How exactly are you going to do that?"

"Club"

"What?"

"We're going clubbing tonight. I've seen many couples who meet each other for the first time inside clubs. So that's the first place we're gonna search a bride for Ian"

"Wow" Lexi breathed. "This is a lot to take in but I'm in. So is Brian whose ear is glued to my phone at the moment"

"Thank you. Meet y'all at 10" I cut the call and tucked my phone back inside my pocket as I walked up the staircase.

I knocked on Ian's door and heard his footsteps approaching the door. When he threw it open, I sucked in my breath.

Ian Kingston was standing before me shirtless, his belt hanging from his loose pants, his zip half undone. I could see the brand of his white boxers as it was partly visible underneath his black pants.

"Oh my god" I quickly covered my eyes with my hand. "What the hell are you doing?" I scolded. "Couldn't you have covered yourself before opening the door?"