Fourteen

A few weeks had passed since they had gotten there.  Ranboo had let let his guard down, he was already used to living there. They had fixed up an empty barn and placed a bed with a few other things for Tubbo and Ranboo. Michael had warmed up to the boys and spent his time following them. However, every time they watched the news, Ranboos heart would skip a beat. He dreaded the day their case reached their area, and it seemed like the day had finally come.
          "Hey Ranboo," Snifferish called from the living room. Ranboo walked towards the living room where they were all sitting, only to see the a low quality photo of him from outside a gas station. Snifferish looked at him, then at the TV, then back at him. "You...you killed, you're," he quickly shook his head. "N-no! That's impossible I don't remember that! We just ran away we didn't kill anybody! We," memories flashed through his head. Tubbo, the empty bottles, his dad laying on the floor. Holy shit, he thought. "Is that why you didn't want to tell me?" Niki cried. Ranboo shook his head violently. "No! I promise! It was an accident! I just pushed him! I just," Puffy grabbed Michael and headed towards the kitchen. "You better get out before the police get here. Now." She said, and with that, Ranboo ran towards the barn and picked his things up.
          Tubbo was sitting on the bed when he got there. Hey, why are you in such a hurry? he asked. Ranboo sighed. "They know, Tubbo, they know why we ran." Tubbo tilted his head. Why did we run? We only pushed him away, didn't we? Ranboo shook his head and continued packing. "Apparently not, we have to go." Just as Ranboo was finishing, someone opened the door.
          "Who's there?" he called. No response, he carefully peeked out, only to see Michael. "Oh, hey buddy, what are you doing here? You have to go back with your sister" Michael shook his head and hugged Ranboo. Ranboo sighed. He picked Michael up and walked out. He looked back at the house and sighed. He knew they didn't want to see him anymore, so he didn't even bother saying goodbye. He put Michael down and knelt. "Go back with your sister buddy, I'm sure she's wondering where you are right now." Michael shook his head again and hugged Ranboo, which led him no choice but to pick Michael up and go towards the door. He took a deep breath and, nothing. He couldn't bring himself to knock. He put Michael down and asked him to knock instead, but he didn't listen. He looked back at Tubbo, who was sitting by the pigs. He looked back at Michael, who was looking up at him. "Come on buddy don't make this harder. Go in." no response, that when he heard a knock followed by the front door opening. "We got your call, where is he?"

          Ranboo signaled Michael to sit down, then after he did he knocked and quickly ran away. He stopped behind the barn and took one last look back, only to see Michael running towards him. "No! shit!" he whispered to himself as Michael approached, he couldn't just run, Michael would keep running after them and either give him away or get lost. He looked back once more and saw Niki outside the door looking around. He took a deep breath and ran towards Michael, picked him up then walked to where Niki could see them. She quickly ran to him. "What the hell are you doing with him!" She cried and held her arms out. Michael shook his head and hugged Ranboo. She tilted her head. "Michael! Get inside this second! You can't be with Ranboo!" Michael stuck his tongue out and held Ranboo tighter. Ranboo hugged Michael, then put him down. "You have to listen to her, I'm leaving now." Michael ran towards Ranboo but was held back by Niki. "Go" Niki said while staring past Ranboo. He shook his head and took a step back, just in time to hear the door burst open. Niki looked at Ranboo, then walked back "what's wrong officer?" she asked. Ranboo should have left, but he couldn't. Michael was staring back at him, he couldn't just leave. No. he had to. "Hey! Stop right there!" a voice called, then three policemen pushed past Niki towards Ranboo.
          Ranboo took a step back just as a shot brushed his arm. The ringing noise just barely blocked the "Ranboo!" as Michael ran past the officers. "Michael! Go back!" Ranboo cried putting his hand on his arm and flinching. Michael refused and hugged Ranboo. "Hand the kid over. Now!" Ranboo nodded and pushed Michael towards the officers.

Bang!

          Ranboo checked to see where the bullet hit him, then looked up just in time to see Niki fall.

"Shit!"
"Why did you do that!"
"I don't, I don't know I panicked I-"

          While the policemen were distracted Ranboo quickly picked Michael up, shielded his eyes and ran.

sorry for the lack of content once again aha but here you go! also thanks for 10k reads?? thats crazy lol um anyways yea take care ily guys
c: -P