Nine

A day had passed since the boys ran away. They had stopped at a bench and slept there for the night. They were both tired and managed to sleep for most of the night. Neither of them had said a word ever since they started running. The sky was just starting to lighten up when Ranboo woke up. His whole body was sore. He sat up and groaned. He turned to Tubbo, who was awake and staring at the sky. Ranboo walked to Tubbos side and just stood there. Neither of them knew how to start a conversation. Ranboos throat hurt at the thought of speaking. Some time after the sun was fully out, they both agreed to keep walking.
          The grass scratched at their arms and legs, the sun pierced through their skin & the silence only grew more and more eery. Ranboo knew they were going to have to talk about it eventually. Talk about...talk about what? What had even happened that night. His father came home drunk and attacked that. That was what had happened, right? It was self defense. Either way, they couldn't go back, especially because now they had run from the police.
          They also hadn't eaten in hours. The thought of it sickened Ranboo. But his stomach had been begging him for quite a while, and it had become impossible to ignore. Tubbo was a few steps ahead of him, so he hurried and grabbed his shoulder. He looked back. His face was blank. Ranboo quickly let go of his shoulder. We should find somewhere to stop, to like eat and stuff. Tubbo blinked, took a deep breath and nodded. They found a clear spot of grass and sat under a tree to escape the sun for a bit. Ranboo pulled out the food from his backpack and they both ate in silence. They were starving, but only ate a bag of chips each. They didn't know how long they were going to be out in the wild with no reliable food source. They sat there until the shadow from the tree moved and the sun hit them, which was their sign to start moving once again.

*BANG* Ranboos ears rang. Tubbo walked back towards Ranboo. What was that? he asked. I'm not sure. I think there might be hunters in this area. We should be careful, Ranboo answered. Tubbo nodded. They were in tall grass, but they had to cross a patch of shorter grass to get to where they wanted to go. Ranboo looked at Tubbo, who nodded. They both started running, but they didn't go unnoticed for too long. "Who's there!" a voice shouted. Ranboo kept running, hoping the person would forget about them. "Hey! Get back here! I will shoot!" Ranboo pursed his lip, grabbed Tubbos arm and stopped. "We don't mean any harm. We are just passing by!" He could hear footsteps getting closer to them. They turned towards the guy. "The fuck are you doing out here on your own?" The guy asked. Ranboo looked down. "A young guy like you  shouldn't be out here on your own. Come." He gestured towards somewhere in the woods. The guy had a gun, so Ranboo didn't think disagreeing was an option.
          "Name's Schlatt," the guy said. Ranboo was hesitant on weather he should tell a stranger his name or not, but he didn't really have anything left to loose. "I'm...Ranboo", he said. Tubbo was sleeping, his head resting on the window. "So what the fuck were you doing out there. And where are your parents?" Schlatt asked. Ranboo looked down. "My uh, my mom and.. and dad...died," he said, chocking on the word died. Schlatt didn't ask any more questions. He had no idea where this guy was taking them, but he wasn't going to fight a guy with a gun.

Heyy sorry the updates take so long my motivation is terrible. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story so far though c: I recently found the cover to my original story & im thinking of redrawing it to fit with Ranboo and Tubbo, i doubt i will tho but that was nice to find.
Also if you find any typos feel free to point them out i always write these in the 1-5 ams lol
Anyway thanks for reading ily guys take care <3
c: -P