Chapter 25

We stepped out of the building. The ice cream parlour is close to our society. It's a walking distance.

"Daksh is so frustrated, you know. He is picking up the fight for no reason." Dhruv said and chuckled. But this time I didn't feel like laughing. I know. I am torturing him and I am not liking it now.

"I will talk to him. Tonight only." I told Dhruv. His face becomes stoned. He stopped in the middle.

"You will talk to him." He said. Like he is not believing me. I nodded. "Seriously, Annie." He ran a hand in his hair. This is the sign, he is getting frustrated or not liking what others are saying. In my case, I think it's both.

"You didn't talk to me for four days." He breathes out. "It's not even twenty-four hours." He shakes his. He paused for several seconds. "And you are going to talk to him." He completed.

"It's different." That's all that came out of my mouth. "How." He stepped to me. "How can you say that. Explain to me." He asked me questions that I am not sure how to answer.

"Dhruv. He is my best friend. I can't stay mad at him." I tried to explain. "But you can stay mad at me." He argued.

I shake my head. "No, it's not like that," I said. "Then, How is it." He yelled. I flinched. "I know him from my birth," I told him. He laughed sarcastically.

"And I don't know you." He said. "Of course. You know me too but we share different bonds." I told him. I can't believe he is not understanding this.

"Yeah. Sure." He said sarcastically. "Dhruv. You are overreacting." I told him. "What? Seriously, Annie, I am overreacting." His eyes widened.

"I just want to be a special one in your life." He let out. My eyes widened in shock. What did he just say? But his next words hit me hard. Pain and pleasure. "I like you. I want to be with you. I want us together." He touched my arms and squeeze.

He hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "It's not possible," I mumbled. My body has gone numb. I never expected him to say this out loud. "Why." He asked me.

"Daksh," I whispered against his chest. He was breathing heavy. Up and down. He hugged me for a long time. He didn't step back.

"He won't get to know," Dhruv said and squeeze me. "He will," I said immediately. "How?" He asked me.

I step back and look into his eyes. "I will tell him. I don't lie to him." I told him. A tear escape from my eyes. Damn it.

I want us together. I also like him but lying to Daksh is difficult, I can't do that. "It's hiding not lying and anyway it will be about 2-3 weeks and then we will tell him." He explained but I shook my head.

"No. I can't hide it for 2-3 weeks also. Daksh is my other half." I told him. I know, it's not easy to convince Daksh about me and Dhruv.

First, he is not fond of Dhruv. And second, it will gross him out thinking about me with his brother. Dhruv laughed. "And I?" He asked me. His face was stunned. He was dead serious.

I swallowed. My hands started sweating. A sign of nervousness. "Tell me? You don't like me?" He asked me his voice was hard.

"No, it's not like that. but Daksh." I nodded and swallowed. "I can't lie to him or hide from him anything," I told him. I was seeing my toe now not wanting to make eye contact with him.

But he holds my chin and makes me look into his eyes. "Then let's do something different. Try something different. Which you never did before." He said. I stayed silent.

I don't know what to say? I was not ready for this situation. I know I was crushing over him for years now but I didn't think this moment will come this quickly.