Chapter 39 - Will You Let Me...?

Start from the beginning

He then takes another step, but those feelings still haven't come to him.

His feet keep taking one step after another but the farther he gets from the place, the angrier he gets.

His heart grows heavier every second and when he's out of sight of the officers, some words finally escape his mouth.

Ex-Officer Reito: Baka .  .  .

(Idiot .  .  .)

Ex-Officer Reito: Ano baka kodomo!!

(That idiot child!!)

Ex-Officer Reito: Why can't you just wait another 5 years...!!

Ex-Officer Reito: Why did you have to do this?!?!?!

Ex-Officer Reito: <I didn't need it...>

His eyes start to sting.

Ex-Officer Reito: *stops walking* <Even if you still wanted to do it...>

Ex-Officer Reito: Couldn't you at least see me first...? Even just once...??

Ex-Officer Reito: Couldn't you at least let me say goodbye to you in person...??

Ex-Officer Reito: How am I supposed to thank you if you're dead?!?!

Ex-Officer Reito: <I should've been the one who got you out of your nightmare...>

Ex-Officer Reito: <But you got me out of mine instead... this useless old man. . . in this way>

Ex-Officer Reito: How am I supposed to feel happy, you idiot kiddd?!?!?!

•••••
2 months later . . .

Inside a red-themed Chinese restaurant.

Sakusa: *spraying sanitizer to every inch of the table and seats*

Officer Yuuto: So... This is really your first time eating out with someone else other than Atsumu-kun?

Sakusa: . . . Ever since I was 11

Officer Yuuto: Ehh, that long...???

Sakusa: .   .   . Yes

Officer Yuuto: Well-uhm, I-I'm... honored...

Sakusa: .  .  . *nods*

Silence.

Officer Yuuto: Uhm. . . Is there... Any particular reason you chose this restaurant?

Sakusa: *eyes goes to a young lady who approaches them*

Lady: . . . *eyes widen* You're... Sakusa-san!!

Sakusa: Umm, yes... Sorry, it took me so long to visit your restaurant...

She's the young lady that helped Sakusa on the road with her boyfriend some time ago.

Before Atsumu regained his consciousness the morning after, Sakusa had a little chat with the couple who asked him to visit their restaurant after he feels better.

Lady: *beams with joy* Are you already feeling better?!?!

Sakusa: Yes, but. . . I still can't move my right hand too mu-