9 : d r a g o n . s l a y e r s

Start from the beginning

"Well, this match has certainly been one heck of a roller coaster!" the announcer said. "Do we have a two versus one duel on our hands?"

Mr. Yajima responded, "You have to hand it to the boy, at least he has self-confidence."

Then they were moving again. And it quickly became obvious that Sting had a reason for saying that he could take the other two Dragon Slayers alone. He was successfully blocking punches and kicks from both Natsu and Gajeel before knocking them into the air at each other, making them the perfect targets.

"White Dragon Holy Breath!"

Kia knew that had to hurt. Her hair was still settling as everyone gazed in awe at the giant hole that had replaced most of the arena floor. The new unexpected renovation to the colosseum went much further than anyone could see.

"We may have lost the battlefield, but the action continues underground! This just keeps getting better! Please enjoy the bout in crystal clear Lacrima vision!"

Magical screens appeared around the arena, giving everyone the opportunity to see what had continued below them. Natsu and Gajeel wasted no time in making a coordinated attack against the White Dragon Slayer. But Sting seemed almost unphased as he countered.

"Natsu and Gajeel may not be getting up from that one, folks! It was an intense fight for both sides, but it looks like Fairy Tail may have succumbed to the might of Sabertooth's Twin Dragons after all."

"He better watch his mouth," Verani grumbled.

"He's just calling it as he believes it to be." Kia said, "That's all he can do."

Amber raised a brow, "As he believes it to be?"

A smile crossed the pink-haired girl's lips, "Those two are far too stubborn for their own good."

||~x~||

A proud smile covered Kia's face as she watched her little brother make a dumb victory pose.

"Let's hear it for Natsu, who single handedly took down Sabertooth's Twin Dragons!" Even with the sound system, he could barely be heard over the cheering crowd. "It's a huge win for Fairy Tail! They've moved into first place! What an exciting way to end day four of the Grand Magic Games! We're giving the fighters a day to recuperate, and then it's on to the thrilling conclusion! It's all culminating in one ultimate match! A game that puts every team member on the field to duke it out in a battle royale! Only one guild gets the title, folks! So.... you won't want to miss it!"

"That crazy ass actually pulled it off," Verani chuckled.

Kia elbowed her, "Hey! Watch what you say about my little brother."

"He sure knows how to give someone a heart attack." Amber sighed, "Facing down a Dragon Force powered Unison Raid was a bit much even for him."

"You could say that again." No matter how much faith Kia had in Natsu, her heart had almost stopped when she saw him just watching that attack get closer to him.

Their conversation was interrupted though.

"This guy's about to explode over here!"

The three turned to see a dangerous amount of magic leaking from the large man a few rows in front of them.

"That's Sabertooth's master!" Someone else shouted as those around him began to back off. There was no telling when or how he was going to go off.

Kia sighed, "Can you two handle the crowd if need be?"

They both turned to her, sharing a look before nodding. They hadn't expected Kia to react, but she was worried about where he would direct his anger.