Murderer - Till Death Do We Part

Start from the beginning

"N-No, stop lying to me!" I shouted, shaking me head. "Stop!"

"You killed him, Reina. Look at your hands stained with his blood. The look on his face will never leave your mind... The way his blood felt on your hands will never cease." Kakashi muttered, stepping closer with each word.

I stood up, my head hung low as I held Tataki in my hands. I was struggling to hold his bigger body, but I sucked it up. I can't show weakness here.

"Shut up." I spat, snarling at Kakashi. "I didn't hurt him!"

With that, I turned around and ran towards the window. It seemed like Kakashi knew I was going to do that, seeing that he reached his hand out for my hair. I ducked and sped away, leaping out the sealed window. The glass shattered on impact, pieces flying everywhere. Some even piercing my skin. I winced in pain as I fell two stories down Tataki in my hands, the way my legs crashed agaisnt the ground didn't help me at all. First, I receive several minor injuried all over my body, and now I'm jumping two stories with a boy in hand? I'm really begging for some pain.

I ran down Konoha's streets with Tataki. Villagers were staring at me and whispering to each other, gossiping on how the murderer was running around with a dead body. I was making my image worse by escaping, and to think I help protect these people... 

I ran past the shops, people, and headed towards a secluded area where no one would disrupt us. I spotted a Cherry Blossom tree just ahead, it was the perfect spot. That's it. I pushed my legs to their limit and ran even faster, soon reaching the Cherry Blossom tree.

I panted, "H-Here, we should be s-safe here." I muttered out, laying him down on the ground.

He moaned in pain, rolling to his side; the uninjured one.

I frowned, "I'm sorry, Tataki. I didn't know it was you that I was harming... I'm so sorry!" I apolgized, over and over again. It was as if my apologies weren't getting to him. It felt like I was talking to deaf persom. He could see my lips move, but he didn't hear a single sound.

Atsushi looked up at me, his eyes growing wide and dull as seconds passed. "R-R...Reina." He whispered, reaching up to my face. He slowly caressed my cheeks with his pale fingers, his fingers hovering over my lips.

A small, hollow smile found it's way to his lips. He sat up, wincing as he did so. I helped hold him up as he tried to sit, my hand placed against his back. Tataki groaned and looked up at the sky, small marks of red staining the sides of his mouth.

"It's okay, Tataki. You'll be okay... I'll g-get you somewhere safe, I p-promise." I told him, even thought it was possible he couldn't hear me. "I won't let you die on me."

"R-Reina..." He murmured, brushing a strand of my blue hair away from my face.

I gulped, "Y-Yeah, old man?" I asked, using the nickname I had made up for him in the forest of death.

Tataki reached over and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, pulling me closer to him. He smiled at me, his grey eyes were losing their nice color. He looked at me sadly, his eyes holding regret. Tataki's lips moved, his final words passing through my ears unnoticed. That was until his lips were placed on my forehead. He kissed my forehead and left his lips there, his final words processing through my thick skull.

"G-Good bye, Blueberry. T-Take care..."

His hand grasping my shirt fell to his side, his lips tore away from forehead. His head hit the soft ground that was covered in Cherry Blossom petals. All I could do was stare into the air with eyes wide in shock, my mouth wide open. He was dead; Tataki was dead.

And I killed him, it was my fault.

I lifted my fingers up to my forehead and pressed them against the spot where his lips touched. Tears poured out of my eyss like a waterfall with no end. I was a murderer, it was just like Kakashi said. No matter how you looked at it, it was obvious I killed Tataki. My hands were stained with his innocent blood. I really was a murderer. I screamed and screamed, letting all of my emotions that I bottled up burst free.

I'm a murderer...-

A Cherry Blossom petal flew past eyes, I watched it land on Tataki's nose.

-and nothing more.

My path has been choosen.

________________________

[Sorry for the inconvenience! Hopefully the chapter shows up now!]

Hey, guys, girls... I have done something that I have thought of doing since the beginning of this book; since the day I posted those two chapters were Kakashi and Iruka battled for Reina...

I have made a KakaIru fanfic that so many of you wanted.

It's called "Follow Your Heart", and it's a spin-off of Lost In Pain I guess. Why not check it out and tell me what ya think?