𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Unlike yesterday, where I was rushed out of the house with barely any time to get ready, this morning, I felt way more prepared for the day; EJ even drove a little farther out so we could get coffee if the rest of the day went as smoothly as this morning had, I would be shocked.

The bell rang just as Miss Jenn entered the class, a clipboard in hand, "Five questions to really know someone's character." Miss Jenn announced, walking in front of us, "Today, I want you all to go fully method, stay in character for this entire exercise. I want each of you to come to the front of the room, I'll prompt you with a question, and you'll answer in character."

I feel like I have an unfair disadvantage to this exercise; the enchantress isn't a fully developed character like everyone else's... "Enchantress," Miss Jenn motioned to me, "let's start with you." I guess I'm winging it; a couple of my friends applaud as I move to the front, where Miss Jenn stood. "Questions one, if you had to pick one book to live inside, what would it be and why?"

I tilted my head as I thought, "uh... a spellbook maybe?" I answer, it comes out as more of a question though, "You know, you never know when I'll need to cast a spell on another arrogant prince; maybe I can switch it up next time."

Miss Jenn nods her head enthusiastically, laughing slightly, "very true, okay, what would you ask your future self?" She asks, reading off the paper.

Subconsciously, my eyes drift over to EJ, who's already watching me, a curious look on his face, "I would ask her if she's ever misjudged, someone...." I glance over at Miss Jenn once more, "and if she ever regretted casting a curse on a guy, instead of just giving him a second chance right away." While the answer was technically in character, parts of it were definitely true for me; maybe, I was a little too harsh on EJ; I mean, yeah, what he did sucked... but people change and grow; maybe we needed that time apart?

"Ooh, interesting," Miss Jenn nodded, clapping her hands; everyone else follows, "Gaston, why don't you go next?"

As I walked back to my seat, EJ walked past me, shooting me a smile on his way to the front of the room; I took my seat beside Seb as Miss Jenn began asking the first question, "Like a book of etiquette," EJ answered her, "you know 'cause Gaston could really use some manners, always spitting and shooting stuff, it's like "Chill, Gaston."

"Love that," Exclaimed, laughing slightly, "okay, what would you ask your future self?"

Before EJ could answer, Ricky shot his hand in the air, "Oh, trick question. Gaston's dead."

Seb and I share a glance, both of our brows furrowed, that was kind of unnecessary; EJ didn't seem to be fazed by it though, "I'd ask him if you learn to love anyone after Belle," He answers, "I mean, anything's possible, right? Maybe there was some other village girl that meant for him, does he regret not giving her a chance?" It felt like there was more to his words, like some hidden meaning that only he knew.

"Intriguing," Miss Jenn nodded, clapping her hands; we all followed; honestly, last semester, I'm not too sure how EJ would have answered those questions, he somehow humbled Gaston, "Mr. Beast, wanna give it a go?" Miss Jenn asks Ricky; Ricky mumbles his response, jumping out of his seat.

As Miss Jenn asks the first question, I lean down to EJ, whispering to him, "Nice work Caswell."

EJ glances back at me, grinning, "You didn't do too bad yourself, Garcia."

Ricky went next, an uncomfortable tension filling the room as he answered Miss Jenn's questions, not taking it seriously whatsoever; what was his problem right now? Miss Jenn kept pushing him to answer, which I didn't blame her for; until eventually Ricky snapped, telling her to get off his back... Miss Jenn called ten after that, and Ricky stormed out of the room.