Tony walked around Banner in direction of the screen near Steve. He pulled out a small tablet-like device from his pocket, focusing on it.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files."

"I'm sorry did you just say..." Vera trailed off, confused at what Stark was insinuating.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours, we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide." He smiled at everyone in the room before looking at Vera. "Blueberry?" He held out the packet to both Vera and Steve.

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around." Steve deadpanned making Vera and Wyatt's eyes widen slightly at the comment.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not possible." He retorted almost sarcastically, looking around the room.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them." Steve looked at the two scientists with a look of finality.

Wyatt looked at the two of them, they looked slightly taken back by the tone in the Captain's voice, he demanded respect and oozed authority.

"Following's not really my style." Tony replied nonchalantly, shoving a handful of blueberries into his mouth with raised eyebrows.

Steve huffed almost inaudibly.

"And you're all about style, aren't you?" He asked almost sarcastically.

Vera pulled the Captain back slightly, feeling slightly nervous the atmosphere in the room was turning sour. She knew all too well these kinds of situations never ended well.

Steve looked down at the woman next to him, his eyes softened as their eyes met. He took a slight step back from Tony, wanting to make sure he didn't cause her too much angst.

Wyatt watched the two.

"Of the people in this room, which one is; A, wearing a spangly outfit, and B, not of use?" Tony tilted his head in annoyance, his eyes never leaving Steve's. Steve had struck a nerve.

"Steve, Vera... tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Banner almost pleaded the man and woman stood before him, trying to reason with them. He looked at Vera, hoping she would do the same and persuade Steve to listen to reason.

Everyone could see the possibility playing in Steve's mind as he went quiet for a few seconds. With furrowed eyes and a slight shake of his head, Steve looked between Tony and Banner.

"Just find the cube."

With that, Steve put his hand on the lower back of Vera, giving her a slightly apologetic look, and removed the two away from the situation. He headed in the direction of the HULL, desperate to prove Stark wrong.

As soon as they left the room, Steve paused and gave Vera a look of hope before restarting on their mission with a look of fierce determination in his eyes.