CHAPTER 10

Hazel

That idiot.

He left me alone in a house I wasn't familiar with. I had to find out everything by myself. But it's better when I don't see him. I can be at peace at least.

I finally decided to get up and stop being lazy. Maybe I should search for a job soon. Doing some job, I would surely occupy my time and be less bored.

When I was done out of the shower, I strode to the piano that gracefully stood next to the window. It looked so beautiful and it made me feel so excited.

I decided to play it later because I felt hungry. And he did mention a maid so maybe I could become friends with her. I didn't have many friends to start with.

The hallways were long and dim but I eventually found the end of it and walked down the stairs to find a kitchen just on my left.

There was indeed a maid in the kitchen. She was humming some melody and swaying to the rhythm. Her black curls bounced on her shoulders and her figure was stunning actually.

"Uhm...hello," I said after clearing my throat. She turned around and smiled.

"Good morning, lady boss."

"Please don't call me that. My name is Hazel." I said.

"Alright. I'm Melody." She introduced. I smiled softly. She looked young like me but full of life.

"Is there anything left for breakfast?" I asked.

"Yes, it is. Boss usually doesn't eat anything in the morning and he doesn't come back for lunch. No wonder he is skinny. I try to make the best food but he refuses it all the time." She explained which was unnecessary. I didn't care about him but her words stirred something.

Ezra didn't look skinny. He was average with muscles. I'm sure he also trained hard for his position. But it shouldn't have concerned me. I didn't want to think about him.

"I'm sure he is fine," I said.

"You're his wife now. You know him the best. I wish I had someone like Mr. Ezra. He is too good to be true." I looked at her like she was crazy. Was this girl alright? How could someone like him while knowing his personality?

"He can take care of himself," I said as she passed me a surprised look. She made me a plate with eggs, mozzarella cheese, and sausages. Melody looked and acted like a kind girl. We could be friends.

But I missed Marie. She was like my grandma and I loved waking up when she came to the room. I will never get to experience that again.

"Hazel, why are you crying?" Melody asked. I looked up and saw her concerned look. I felt another tear slid down my cheek as I wiped it off.

"I miss it at home," I said. She got closer and wrapped her arms around me. It felt good when someone showed empathy and I needed it. I needed someone to give me love.

Ezra

"I think if you chose anything for her, she will hate it. So why try?" Sebastian said as I looked at him with the face 'are you serious?'

"That's very encouraging," I spoke sarcastically.

I just wanted to buy a cake from the famous bakery that opened recently and I don't even know why I called the dumbass of my brother to join me.

"Seb, if you don't want to help, just shut up then," I said. He shrugged and picked the donut from the box he previously bought while waiting. The sound of his chewing frustrated me more.