January: Plans, Plans and More Plans

Start from the beginning

  "What about bedrooms?"   Chris scans the plans

Chris scans the plans. "Nope. Just 3," he tosses it aside. Looking back at the remaining pile he sees they're down to two. He lays both out on the table.
"Both of these are four bedroom and have at least some type of front porch. How else do you want to narrow this down?" He asks her.
Daphne sits with her head in her hands. "Why is this so difficult?" She whimpers.
"Ok, let's look at the kitchen layout," he says pointing to both kitchen options. "This one doesn't have room for an island. But this one does. Does that make a difference to you?"
Daphne glances up from her hands. "This one," she says pointing.
"Are you sure? The porch is a bit smaller," He asks her again.
"I'm positive," she says with a grin on her face. "This is our forever home!"

 "This is our forever home!"

Just then the alarm sounds. Chris gives Daphne a quick kiss. "Love you," he says.
"Love you. Be safe! I'll call the builder now and lock it in," she calls out to him as he's running out the door.

~~~~

Daphne POV

It's been two days since we signed the contract on the house plans. Exciting doesn't even describe the feelings I have coursing through me. I can't help but drive out to the land to see if anything has actually started. Imagine my surprise when I pull down the drive and see that they're prepping to pour the foundation. I snap a picture with my phone and send it to Chris.

Daphne- it's really happening!

Chris- you just couldn't wait for me, huh? 😉

Daphne- i know it doesn't surprise you.

Chris- are you headed to your parents now?

Daphne- yes. I'm about to back out of 'our' driveway.

Chris- wanna swing by and grab me?

Daphne- is that an invitation Mr. Evans? Because I'm always happy to 'grab' you.

Chris- it's too early for your mind to be in the gutter babe. But if we're on the topic...

Daphne- save it goober. I'm on my way.

Tonight is suppose to be family game night but instead we're doing some wedding planning or wedding discussion I should say.
  With having Rene and Hazel there they can steer me away from things that aren't really needed or things they wish they could've changed from their days.
I pull up to Chris's apartment and notice he's coming back from walking Dodger. I roll down my window and do my best Joey Tribiani impression, "how you doin?" Apparently it's funny to Chris as he doubles over in laughter.
I hop out and open the back door for Dodger. "Come on bubs. Time to see the grandparents."
Chris turns and looks at me with a sweet smile. "What?" I ask him.
"Just thinking about you saying that to our children one day. Makes me smile," he tells me. I feel a wistful feeling come over me. It does sound nice. 

  "Can you carry this bag in for me? I may have overfilled it," I say pointing to a large bag in the trunk.
  Chris picks it up as she grabs Dodger by his leash. "Good lord, woman! What on earth is in here?" He says as he lifts the bag.
  Right now I'm very thankful for the weight of the bag as it gives me a chance to stare at the veins bulging in his arms. I've never found that attractive in a guy before but with Chris, I've yet to find anything unattractive.
  I drag myself out of my thoughts to respond. "Wedding magazines and pamphlets from the three places that are still available in April. Thought we could make that decision today too. Get everyone's input."
  "I'm fine with that but please don't let someone else's opinions sway you away from your desires. This is your wedding. No do overs because you're not getting rid of me," he tells me as he pulls me closer to him. He whispers next to my ear, "so...arms, huh?"
  I lean back feeling a blush creep up as I realize my longing look at his arms did not go unnoticed. I raise my shoulders in a shrug and bite my lower lip. "Maybe."
  He quirks a brow at me and puts his arm in front of him asking me to lead the way. I take Dodger and head towards the house. As I reach the steps I look over my shoulder and catch Chris staring this time. He returns my gaze with a smirk. "Butt?" I ask. He nods his head, smirk remaining, "definitely."

"But do you think people will travel to Savannah?" my mom asks. "I know you've got work friends and all. And of course people from church."
I can feel myself getting flustered as we are looking at the three venues more closely. We've got a place in Savannah, Georgia, one in St. Augustine, Florida or one more locally, only thirty minutes away.
"It's only a two hour drive to Savannah, Laura. Some people may like to make it a little getaway," my dad tells her. I know he sees me becoming tense and is trying to help.
  "We can get a block of rooms held at a hotel in Savannah," Chris chimes in. "That won't be a problem.  We can do the same in St. Augustine as well."
  Then I realize that it will be Chris's family having to travel no matter where we have it. "What about your sisters? Will they be okay traveling?"
  "They know that they have to travel no matter where we get married. That's their own fault for living in Raleigh," he says as he lets out a laugh. "Not my problem."  I rolls my eyes and slap his arm.
"The White Room in St Augustine is definitely more formal and more expensive. May feel a bit too uptight and stuffy," I mention.
  "Baby, don't worry about the cost," my dad tells me.
  "Life of a teacher, can't help it," I say.
"Hey Daph," Hazel calls to me. "Did you see that The White Room is only available for three hours total that day?"
  "Okay, so that's out," I say grateful to be down to two venues now.  "So now we've got a local rustic location or Savannah."
  "Tell us more about the Savannah option," James said as he is bouncing Ellie on his knee.
   "So we'd have the ceremony in front of the large fountain with all of these amazing old trees. And then the reception would be at the Georgia State Railroad Museum. It's gorgeous!" I exclaim.
"Ok. Now about the local place," Rene says.
"It's nice, rustic. Ceremony can be outside but if it rains then everything would be in the same room as the reception. There's no other options there," I tell the group.
"What if it rains in Savannah?" Mom asks me.
"The Museum has multiple rooms. The ceremony could still be separate from the reception."
"Love, I think you've made the decision," Chris tells me as he takes my hand in his.
"What makes you say that?" I look at him confused.
"Your face. It lit up when you were talking about Savannah," he says with a smile.
"But what do you think?" I ask him.
"I've told you. As long as you're there and a pastor to perform the ceremony then I'm happy. I want this to be whatever you want it to be," he says.
I look around the room at all of my family. They're mirroring the smile on my face. Some nodding their heads in agreement with Chris. "Really?" I ask them.
"Yes!"
"Savannah it is!" I exclaim clapping my hands. I turn to Chris and grab his face placing a big "MUAH" on his lips.
  Another thing off the list.