CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Kai!" Daisy frustratedly interrupted him.

Kai held in his laughter as he shook his head. "Yup. My bad."

The town was wealthy, you could tell by the massive estates that they passed before they entered the square. Huge, brick and marble homes sat on huge plots of lands, with big white pillars and huge windows. A place to start a family, presumably. The neighborhoods were lined with cute, smaller houses. Some with swing sets and pools in the backyards.

The center of town was full of small shops and restaurants, bars and government buildings. Just like any other town. But there was a certain charm here that brought a bit of comfort.

Kai and Daisy parked the car on the side of the street along some others, walking the rest of the way, wherever that was. "You know it might be more effective to go look for them instead of just sitting here." Daisy suggested, as she sat on the edge of a fountain at the center of town.

"We could. Or we could just wait until they need to go grocery shopping." Kai suggested, gesturing towards the grocery store across the square. Daisy looked at him confusedly. "There's only one grocery store here. The chances of them showing up here today are much higher than us wandering around an unfamiliar place looking for them." He shrugged. "Also, I'm lazy."

Daisy leaned back on her hands, lifting her face up towards the warm sun. "What if they find us here and sneak up and kill us first?" Daisy suggested with a half shrug.

"Well, one, they can't kill us, and two, I put a cloaking spell on us an hour ago." Kai began. "They can't see or hear us."

"Fancy." Daisy responded. "We could get lunch while—"

If on queue, the sound of other people talking fill both of their ears and they lean up quickly, both turning towards the direction the sound was coming from.

Daisy froze and held her breath. Although she knew she was cloaked it still felt like instinct. Kai however stood up immediately and slowly made their way towards the pair.

A girl and a guy, just like Tim said. They came around the corner and into the town square walking side by side, and talking. The guy was tall, with a dark head of hair that looked like a once-was mullet, and blue eyes that were so obnoxiously blue you could see them from down the street. He was probably only a few years older than Kai, You could tell by the way he held himself that he thought he was all that, too.

The girl beside him looked to be about Daisy's age, maybe a bit older. She had dark skin and hair cut to her chin, which suited her small face. She looked just as miserable being next to that guy as he did being next to her.

"I'm still not used to how different it looks around here." The girl spoke, crossing her arms as she glanced around the town. "It's like we're in a different dimension."

"News flash, Bon-Bon. We are." The man added cockily.

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I meant."

Daisy and Kai exchanged glances before Daisy eventually got up and joined Kai by his side as he watched. "Sneak attack." Kai says.

Daisy looked at him confusedly. "What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Attack them while we're still cloaked." He shrugged. "It'll be funny."