There was a women down in front of a home with a broken hip and apparently it was an insurance scam. We gave her a splint and Hen and Chim took her to the hospital. We got back to the firehouse and cleaned the trucks not receiving another call until around noon.

There was a man that became ill after protesting a military funeral. When we got out of the truck and went to help him, I looked at Eddie with eyes that said "Are you ok?" He shook his head and I knew that meant it was a hard call and that he wasn't ok.

The the patient had a colostomy bag that appeared to be backed up. Hen and Chim went and kneeled by his side so they could help him. He pushed them away because he didn't want those type of people to help him.

"Diaz help him." Said Cap.

"What kind of name is that?" The man said.

"My father's from Mexico and my mother is swedish." Eddie said.

The man continued to refuse care.

"Lopez, what about you?" Cap asked.

I went over and kneeled down by the man.

"Where are you from?" The racist ass excuse of a man said.

"Hell no get away from me!"

My mother is from Germany and my Dad from Spain like me." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Look dude your colostomy bag is backed up. By the time there is someone else here you would choke on your own crap and therefore die. Do you want to die today?" I asked with attitude lining my voice.

"No bu-" I didn't let him finish.

"Simple yes or no. Do. You. Want. To. Die. Today?" I snapped.

"No." He answered.

"So are you going to let us help you?" I asked.

"No."

"Do you want to die?" I snapped one again.

"Fine just help me and get it over with." He said.

Hen and Chim knelt down by us as we started to treat him. The others just looked at me in astonishment because I snapped. In the corner of my eye I saw Athena whisper something in Bobby's ear and they both laughed.

We loaded him into the ambulance and Hen and Chimney drove off to the hospital.

I walked with Eddie back to the truck.

"Didn't know you could snap like that at a patient." He said.

"He was protesting a military funeral. Especially since he's barley even a person." I answered.

"Thanks. I wouldn't have said it so thanks for saying something." We reached the truck and stopped. Everyone else was packing up the equipment as we stood and waited. I gave him a hug as to say it was ok to be mad and snap once in awhile in this kind of situations.

"Any time Diaz." I said and gave him a side smile. The moment was interrupted when Buck walked up.

"Damn Lopez. You handled that pretty well."

We laughed and jumped in the truck to wait for Bobby who is talking to Athena this could take hours.

"You two really need to just kiss already." Buck said.

Eddie and I exchange a look and blush like a couple of high schoolers.

"Very funny Buck." I said.

"Oh come on. You both admit that you like each other but the only people you won't admit it to is yourselves. Just get it over with so you two can start dating."

I saw Eddie blush and chuckle a bit and I did the same. Buck had the audacity to leave the truck and go talk to Maddie leaving just Eddie and I in the truck.

"So... Val."

I looked at him.

"We both know that we like each other." I said. "We just don't want to admit it, Eddie I like you."

We both smiled.

"Val, I like you too. Do you want to go on a date with me?"

I laughed.

"About time you asked me Diaz."

I playfully punched him in the shoulder and side hugged him.

"When do you want to go?"

"We have off tomorrow so tomorrow night?"

"That works." He said. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6."

"Sure Diaz." I said as Bobby and Buck got back in the truck.

"Did you two finally agree to go on a date together?" Bobby asked

We burst out laughing "Yeah we did." Eddie said.

"About time." Both Buck and Bobby said in unison.

We go back to the station and finish chores. After shift I drove home and took a shower.

I got out and went to grab something to eat as it was only 6:00. Exactly 24 hours until my date. I ate some leftover pizza and pulled out my phone to text Travis.

Me: Guess what.

Travis: You finally admitted your feelings for hot firefighter and he asked you out.

Me: How the hell did you know that?

Travis: I've no new long enough to know that when you say "guess what" you admitted your feelings for the hot guy you like.

Me: Well yeah I did. We have a date tomorrow 🙂

Travis: Call me after and tell me all about it.

Me: Will Do Bro.

Travis: Night Val.

Me: Woah- did you just call me by my first name when you said good night? That's unheard of.

Travis: Shit- don't get used to it.

Me: Got it

Travis: Night Lopez.

Me: Night Montgomery.

I turned on the TV. I watched Criminal Minds for an hour before I decided to get up and crawl into bed. I scrolled on Instagram for a little while. I saw a couple of pictures from when station 19 through a going away party for me. There was one group picture of all of us. Ben Warren, Dean Miller, Andy Herrera, Maya Bishop, Victoria Hughes, Jack Gibson, Travis Montgomery and me. I like the picture and took a screenshot so I could always look back at it. I turned my phone off and plugged it in. I turned my lights off and crawled under the covers. As my head hit the pillow I fell asleep almost instantly. What a good night it was.