Chapter Eight - Get In There, Cal!

Cal's Point of View:

Noah was snoring gently, curled up into a little ball and pressing her back into my side. I think she was drooling slightly too, but that didn't really matter. Hell, it was pretty cute. I knew it was weird to watch her sleep but it was the only time I could really watch her without Noah smacking me in the back of my head and calling me a 'staring weirdo'.

It was three in the morning, and I didn't have a hope of going to sleep. The pounding in my head was too intense for sleeping and I was pumped up on caffeine. Noah had convinced me into seeing how many cups of coffee I could drink before I needed to go to the bathroom really bad. I had managed ten, and Noah thought that was hilarious. Michael just kept shooting me a knowing look as I gulped down cup after cup of coffee, shaking his head and smiling his head.

I trusted Michael, I trusted him completely. We were practically the same, so I knew he was awake right now. "Hey, Michael?" I whispered across the dimly lit room, hoping I wouldn't rouse Noah. He grunted lightly, letting me know he was awake.

"Dude, is this a bad thing?" I sighed, glancing at him as he slouched in his bed. He glanced down at Noah, before shaking his head. "Nope, it's completely normal. If you like her, tell her. Simple as. We all know that the adoption is null. She's just some girl staying here."

Damn, Michael always made things seem simple.

Michael shifted out from beneath his duvet, and stretched. He grabbed a coat and shrugged it on, "Cal, I'm going for a walk. I can't sleep, I have this feeling." Michael continued to mutter about his gut feelings while he ambled out the door, shooting me a quick grin and wink.

He was good, leaving me here with Noah.

Clever bastard.

Noah shifted suddenly, sprawling out and throwing an arm over my chest; nearly whacking me in the face. A noise of surprise escaped my lips, and she groaned quietly before her eyelids fluttered open. Noah blinked up at me surprised, eyes wide. "Did I just hit you?" She mumbled, smiling apologetically.

I shook my head swiftly; knowing that if I admitted that she had hit me the guilt would make her a nervous wreck. I knew that she felt that it was her fault Tony had whacked me with the spanner. Noah released a breath, shoulders sagging in relief. Bingo, she felt guilty.

"I looked through your sketchbook." Noah offered all signs of her going back to sleep not showing. A blush started to flood my cheeks, and I kicked myself for leaving it out on the table. Noah sat up, making her nearly level with me. "You've got a talent, Cal. Even with a hole bigger than a golf ball in your head you can still do something I can't. And I was wondering if you'd do me a favour......." Without a seconds thought I agreed, just nodding my head. Noah's chiming laugh rang out, "Cal, honey, you don't even know what it is!"

"Hey! I'd do anything for you, you know that!"

"Well, Iwaswonderingifyouwoulddrawapictureofme."  Noah hurried out, tripping over her words slightly. I cocked my head to the side, and pretended to play innocent.

"Sorry, what was that? Talk slower."

"Uh, I was wondering if you would draw a picture of me." Noah flushed as she mumbled the words, pronouncing each syllable slowly and carefully.

"Oh. Right. And why would I do that?" I probed teasingly.

"Gah! Forget I ever asked." Noah grumbled, sliding down the headboard and slumping lazily. She huffed, and flexed her knees under the duvet creating a weird looking shape on the surface of the bed sheets. Noah's eyes clamped shut as she tried to drop back off to sleep but her cheeks were burning a deep scarlet.