Chapter 10 - The Blackhawks

Start from the beginning

They all talked through the intermission, waiting for the 2nd to begin.

"So Gracie, Hailey was telling me you play Tennis? We got a future grand slam player in out mist?" Natalie asked with a smile as the others listened interested in the conversation.

Jay nodded. "She's really good at it we saw her play for the first time last week, she had an extra practice after school."

"I'm ok, not quite at Grand Slam level just yet though." Gracie said modestly.

"Ey, you're a good kid. You carrying on working hard you can achieve anything you want." Hailey encouraged with a smile.

"How long you been playing kid?" Will asked.

"Only a couple of years, but I love it. I had to miss a lot of practice when stuff happened at home but now I'm staying with Jay and Hailey I can make all of em'." Gracie explained trying not to go into too much detail.

"Well that's really great, good for you kid." Will responded.

"Thanks Will."

"Hey the next periods starting." Jay said directing their attention back to the rink.

"Really that went so quickly." Hailey responded as they turned back to watch the hockey continue.

"Yeah it did." Nat agreed and they all watched the 2nd period of the game.

————————————————————————

"Alright! There you go!" Jay yelled in happiness clapping his hands together as they all sat back down from cheering from the last goal. The Blackhawks had just scored their second goal of the second period giving them a score of three in total with against the Bruins's one goal.

"We're bringing it home man." Will said in response to his brother's reaction, as the second period came to an end and they finished celebrating the second goal.

"Sure are." Nat agreed.

"Hey, you guys want some food?" Jay asked as they were about to go and get some food in the break.

"Hotdogs?" Nat asked Hailey and she nodded in agreement.

"Yeah that would be great."

"Alright, cool let's go get in line. Gracie you wanna come with?" Jay asked and Gracie nodded with a smile and followed Jay and Will.

"Hey is everything ok?" Jay asked as Gracie intently concentrated on her phone as they were in line.

"Uh yeah...yeah it's just Raffy his Dad found out about the fight he's gone mad apparently. Him and his Mom have grounded him for the rest of the semester. They've threatened to pull him out of Michigan West if he can't get his grades up fast."

"Seems a little harsh. That's your friend right? The one that helped you out." Will asked and Gracie nodded.

"Yeah we've been friends since Kindergarten, we grew up a few blocks away from each other. His parents were always nice to me but they're strict, they hate it when he gets into trouble, falls behind all that kind of stuff. He's a good guy keeps out of it mostly he just finds it harder to avoid when it comes to friends." Gracie explained.

"Well he sounds like a good friend." Will responded as they got closer to the food counter.

"Yeah he is, the best."

"You need me to talk to them, give them a call or something? I don't mind talking to them about how he helped you out. It may make them feel a little different about it." Jay suggested, Gracie looked a little unsure at first wondering if it would make much difference.

The Taylors knew the situation, by what Raffy had told Gracie the Principal had called them and explained the whole thing, but they wouldn't have got it from their side of things or have known much about the bullying, so maybe Jay explaining to them how much Raffy helped her out would make things at least a little better.

"Could you?" Gracie asked not wanting to cause any trouble.

"Sure, it's no problem. Have Raffy send you their number and I'll give them a call." Jay answered without hesitation.

"Thanks Jay." Gracie smiled gratefully.

"It's all good" Jay said in response and went to order their food with Will before they made their way back to their seats just in time for the start of the last period.

"Hey you guys made it just in time we thought it was gonna start up again before you got back. They have to go fix up their mascara or something Gracie?" Hailey joked which made Jay and Will put on 'fake offended' faces whilst the Nat and Gracie laughed at their responses.

"You wanna wear this soda or drink it?" Jay shot back, all of them still smiling and laughing.

"Alright, alright look we have two minutes till the start of the next period, any guesses of who's gonna score next?" Will asked the others.

"Debrincat, 100% he's been close all game." Gracie said confidently looking out at the players getting ready to return to the rink after the intermission.

"Nah it's gonna be Kane, definitely Kane. He's got his formation now he's already had one he can do the same again." Jay argued.

"Alright so let's bet on it!" Gracie said in response to the debate.

"I'm not encouraging gambling with a minor." Jay chuckled jokingly in response.

"I'm not talking about money I'm talking about forfeits, like dares." Gracie suggested, Will smirking at his younger brother at what he had gotten himself into.

"Ok, whoever wins has to do the chicken dance walking out of the center and when we go to get ice cream." Jay responded after a few seconds thinking of a good forfeit for Gracie if she lost.

"Ok deal." Gracie said and they quickly fist bumped before the next period started.

————————————————————————

"Seriously?" Jay said jokingly but also with a sense of defeat as he faced the others who were smirking at them. Debrincat had just scored the final goal of the game in the last period, giving the Blackhawks a 4-1 win at the end of the game.

"You ready KFC?" Gracie joked making them all smirk and laugh.

"Hermann called he needs someone to come and throw some shapes at Molly's." Hailey commented, Jay looked unimpressed whilst the others laughed.

"A deals a deal bro." Will added as they all stood up putting their jackets on about to leave the center.

"Ok let's go." Nat said and they all began to walk out making sure Jay was keeping up his end of the deal.

Half an hour or so later they were all sat in the ice cream store eating ice cream and laughing about what had just happened even Jay.

"And then that guy started making chicken noises at him..." Gracie said and they all started laughing tears of joy almost filling all their eyes.

"I'll give it too you Gracie that dare thing was a pretty good idea." Hailey said and they all laughed again.

Gracie hadn't felt so happy in ages, she finally felt like she had a family which she hadn't felt for such a long time.

Occasionally she'd forget it, but Jay and Hailey always had her back and she only had to look at them smiling back at her to know she was home.

So by the way I wrote this it kind of looks like I'm ending the story. Which I'm not by the way so don't worry. I'm planning on updating again real soon as I have a lot of ideas for this story I've thought of recently and am really keen to publish.

I realise that it's been a little over a week since I last published a chapter of this story and like I said I'm sorry about that I had writers block yet again! 🤣🙈 Now I have some more ideas I'm hoping the next one won't take so long. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm looking forward to being able to share the next chapter with you all! Thanks for reading! I really appreciate the support! :) EQ x

Chicago PD: You Found MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara