Chapter 25- You Have A Family

Hopefully you don't all hate me from the last chapter... here's the final chapter! :) I ended up going with the ending that I had written intentionally.

Tommy POV

"Mom?" he whispered. Could he really be seeing this correctly? Could this really be her?

The woman laughed, a laugh much like his own. "Yes, Tommy, my sweet little prince. It's me." She held her arms out to him, a warm smile on his face.

It took only a moment for him to rush into her arms. He had dreamed of this moment for his entire life. The moment he could just be safe, if only for a second.

"Oh, how you've grown." she chuckled, running her fingers through his hair. "I've missed you so much." she whispered.

"Then why did you leave?" he said, pulling back a little. "It was your choice."

She sighed, looking away with an expression of pure guilt. "I-I couldn't be your mother... there were just so many things..."

Tommy felt his eyes turn glassy at her words. "Was it my fault?" 

Her eyes widened, "No!" She cupped his face gently. "Don't you ever think any of this was your fault. You were too good... I-I just... I just couldn't."

"But I needed you." he cried. "I needed you and you left me." He pushed himself away from her, standing up. "Ivory would never have been queen if you hadn't have left!"

The woman stood up, watching him sadly. "It just wasn't meant to be. I wish it was, but it wasn't."

"I had no family because of you!" Tommy sobbed, his knees finally giving way. It was just too much. "If you were there at least I would have someone after father...passed."

"But you do have a family now."

"Tommy!"

"More of a family then I could ever be."

"Toms please!"

"But- they don't-"

"They love you Tommy, they love you so much."

"Don't leave us now!"

"And you deserve to have a family."

"You complete us!"

"Which is why you can't stay."

"Toms!"

"I-I can't-"

"Go Tommy. Go while you still have a family."

"But what about-" Tommy began, looking at her.

"I was never your family, never your mother." she sighed. "I lost that right the moment I came here."

Tommy began to cough, suddenly losing control of his lungs. He closed his eyes, opening them after a moment. He continued to cough, breathing rapidly.

"Go, my sweet little prince."

-------------------

Tommy gasped, sitting up. He continued to cough, looking around once he caught his breath. He was in his room. The room he had lived in before Ivory.

"Tommy!" Wilbur exclaimed, grabbing his hand.

Tommy smiled, finding Tubbo, Techno, and Phil sitting around his bed. "Hey." he croaked.

Tubbo pulled him into a hug, making him wince because of his wound. "Don't you ever do that again." he whispered, embracing him tightly.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Tommy winced. He pulled back, allowing Tubbo to grab his other hand. He looked at the others. At his family. "You came." he smiled, knowing his mother was right.